• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Parke Mouthpieces

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AverageJoe
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here in Atlanta guys in the orchestral world are playing them now...almost overnight. Any experience out there with them? I have been to the website and poked around, but I want to see what people have liked or disliked about these pieces.

Paul Poovey
trumpity

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parke mpc's are one of the best mpc makers out there...you pay for what you get..not cheap, but they deliver for me in terms of sound and ease of use. Can't go wrong.

Best,

Kim W Petersen
riffdawg2000
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul ... check your email .... I have a few pieces in for triall in right now!
Trptbenge
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, they make excellent, consistent mouthpieces. Jeff actually set up the program for Kanstul from scratch and then got in a disagreement with Zig on the direction they wanted to go. Zig wanted to copy other mouthpieces and Parke thought they should be developing some artist models and selling them. As you can see they both have done what they set out to do. Dianne is wonderful to deal with and extemely helpful. I played a Parke Bergeron model for a while before finding the mouthpiece that is perfect for me (GR65M) but I highly recommend them. I am sure you have checked out their website. http://www.parke.net

If you find the sizes or style that you are interested in email or call Dianne and she'll be glad to help.

Mike Ackerman
Brewblue1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current Phoenix Symphony trumpet section is playing Parke also.

I play a Merkelo model and find that my sound has much more depth than it ever had. It helps me project my sound out into the hall with much more ease. They are versatile enough to let me use a wide pallette of colors in my sound, whether I need a dark, round sound for Rachmaninov or a more brilliant, compact sound for Bill Conti Pops shows. The quality and consistency of the craftmanship is very high.

Ben Nguyen(Asst Prin) and Emory Harvison(Acting Prin) play Hagstrom models. We all find them to be fantastic mouthpieces.

The company is well run by Dianne and Jeff Parke, who gave me what I wanted, and didnt try to sell me anything I wasnt interested in. I will definitely be giving them repeat business for other specific mouthpiece needs.

I recommend Parke mouthpieces very highly!

John
Shires Artist
Tromba Mundi
Summit Brass
AverageJoe
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, everyone!

I talked to Dianne over the weekend, and she is sending me an assortment of stuff to try out -- all Merkelo. Has anyone tried both Hagstrom and Merkelo? What are the differences in the rim feel and bite leading into the cup? I might want to try some Hagstrom stuff as well, depending on how these initial tests go. Your input is appreciated; thanks again!

Paul
Mikeytrpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main difference between the Merkelo and the Hagstrom rims is that the Merkelo is flatter and has more inner bite, like an old Bach 1X. The Hagstrom has a rounder inner edge, with less bite.

I agree on the Parke stuff. I had Dianne send me $800 of stuff to try, and ended up using the Bergeron 615 for lead playing.

Very nice people to work with!

Mike
softcase
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play a Parke Merkelo, and I really like it. It's a wonderful mouthpiece, and it's heartening to know that if anything happens to it you can get another *exactly* like it, unlike with bach pieces. I actually just purchased another mouthpiece from Parke, exactly the same shape and size as my regular Merkelo, but with a bronze backbore. I find it to have a darker more focused sound than my regular piece. A useful colour of sound.

Dianne Parke is a wonderful person to deal with, and I highly reccomend Parke mouthpieces.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: