• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Questions About Reynolds Serial Numbers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gilligan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Questions About Reynolds Serial Numbers Reply with quote

Where is the best location to find information on serial numbers for horns made by the FA Reynolds Company and later the Roth Reynolds Instrument Company?

Did Roth continue numbering in sequence or did he go back to a lower starting number? If he did restart his numbering at what number did he start??
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My technician has the Allied catalog which has an exhaustive serial number list (I'm pretty sure that's where he showed them to me). The Lars Kirsmer serial # list for Reynolds is way off. Alan Rouse was going to do that at one point (haven't checked www.rouses.net recently) with the Reynolds horns.

Tom Turner has posted quite a bit of information about Reynolds . . . you might want to do a search here for Reynolds in the subject line and Tom Turner in the author line.

I've been playing my 1941 Reynolds cornet for several months, and I'm liking it more all the time. I wish I hadn't sold the "matching" trumpet a few months ago, but there's a long list of horns I wish I hadn't let go. Oh, well!

Rich
Ebayscrounger
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bebop, I've got a pretty nice silver Reynolds trumpet with a gold -wash bell and a serial # of 19390...Is that in the neighborhood of your cornet? It plays very well and is relatively bright...Gregg

Still looking for my horn...
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Reynolds cornet is #10xxx . . . it's a beauty. I'm (again) thinking of selling my 1940ish Olds Super Recording cornet. Although it's a great sounding horn, I've grooved into this Reynolds to the point where it's my preferred cornet. I haven't played my 1953 Olds Recording cornet in a couple months, but I'm also not planning to let it go. That's a great cornet, too.

That trumpet you have sounds like a keeper. Ol' Bitripper bought my Reynolds trumpet (#12xxx - ish) and when he reported back about how well it plays after a valve job my regret-motor went into high gear.

Reynolds is one of the best-kept secrets out there, in my opinion.

Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: