• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Cornetto Makers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hazmat
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Cornetto Makers Reply with quote

Not sure if this would go in the Other Toys category. Does anyone know of any cornetto manufacturers besides Jeremy West?

Thanks
mattdalton
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The leading maker in North America is John McCann. In addition to the Monk Workshops, which Jeremy West runs, there are many other makers in Europe: Serge Delmas, Paulo Fanciulacci, Gohin, etc. PM me if you need additional information and I will try to find the latest Historic Brass Society listing of makers.

If you are looking to buy in the U.S., McCann would be a safe choice; they are very well made. I don't (yet) play cornetto well enough to be a give a credible recommendation on instruments, but know three people who play well and recommend McCann's cornettos. (But as with trumpets, other players prefer other makers.) When I play well enough to justify moving beyond my Monk resin model I plan to buy a McCann venetian style model.

Hope this helps.
- Matt
RGale
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seconded.
vivace
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I so want one. They aren't too badly prices. Under $1000 for most of them I saw for the soprano models. I am listening to the Sonata they have to listen to. My gosh, what a pretty pretty sound.
computrnerd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy West now makes the Christopher Monk models. The resin one is somewhere around $200 last time I looked. Order directly from them http://www.jeremywest.co.uk/ or go to Antique Sound Workshop http://www.aswltd.com/. I've dealt with both of them extensively and would recommend either. I do hear nice things about Mccann but they are wood and start at around $850.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: