• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Flugelhorn/Trumpet Stand

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Felix c
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:07 am    Post subject: Flugelhorn/Trumpet Stand Reply with quote

Dear friends:
Doe any on you recomend a Stand where I can place the flugel when Im using the horn and vice versa? Does it exist. Does nay have built it own stand?
Thanks
Sturmbill
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the K&M stands for my flugel, trumpets and cornets (not all at the same time!). You can get single stands or even a multiple stand. Their web site is: www.k-m.de, or in the US try www.gorginternational, or any of the stores like WWBW or Giardinelli's.

I am sure someone else will tell you of other good stands, too.

Regards,

Bill
old geezer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the old standard - - Hamilton - - I use the same stand for both trumpet and flugel - but if you have a silver horn cover the the rubber cushion with fabric ( even an old sock ) or you will discolor your bell. These stands can be bought new for around $25 and will last a life time. old geezer Dave
Yamaha Mike Vax 450573
Yamaha 231 Flugel 15383
Olds Amb. Cornet 50734
vivace
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use my hamilton for flugel when needed. Just extend the top part high enough to hold it in. ANd yes, put a cloth or somethign on it. I have a weird rim on my old horn for using the stand every day. It wont come off... (thankfuly it is just an old student horn)
OCTA-C
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use the K&S flugel stand to hold your trumpet when you're playing the flugel just make sure you buy the 5-leg version and not the 3 for better stability. The trumpet will sit a good amount higher on the stand but will be secure. JMO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bachstrad72
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You can use the K&S flugel stand to hold your trumpet when you're playing the flugel just make sure you buy the 5-leg version and not the 3 for better stability. The trumpet will sit a good amount higher on the stand but will be secure. JMO"

It will also change the flair of your bell, go with the hamilton, just to be safe.
Jansu
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has bothered me for a while. I use the k&m flugel stand, 5-legs, for my flugel. However, the bell on my Courtois is smaller than on other flugels, so the horn sits funny on the stand, as in, it doesnt go all the way down. Any, 'in-between' stands by k&m that I could try? I know it sounds wierd, but I dont like the way the hamiltons hold the horn so high...
tptptp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The K&M 4 peg base with trumpet and flugel pegs is perfect. I also have a clarinet peg for my pic. The 4th peg hole is empty. Maybe I'll get a soprano sax. NOT!
Slidebone
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Flugelhorn/Trumpet Stand Reply with quote

Felix c wrote:
Dear friends:
Doe any on you recomend a Stand where I can place the flugel when Im using the horn and vice versa? Does it exist. Does nay have built it own stand?
Thanks

K&M stands are superb.
Worth checking out and the price is right.

www.slidebone.com
Tom LeCompte
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it hard to imagine that resting a trumpet on a stand will change the flare of the bell. That's 2 pounds of force. If 2 pounds could move the brass past its elastic limit, the bell would deform permanently simply by playing the trumpet. Of course, if you shove the instrumpet down, all bets are off.

Something to think about - using a single stand for two horns takes a bit of juggling. I'm less comfortable with this than having two stands. Also, when I was gigging, I would now and again have to play guiro or maracas or something. Having somewhere more secure than my lap for my trumpet was A Good Thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: