• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

An "Aha!" moment!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redhawktrumpet85
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: An "Aha!" moment! Reply with quote

Today as I was practicing some articulation stuff, I was finding that notes weren't speaking as I wanted them to and that I didn't like the lack of control that was evident in the sound of my articulation. This has been a problem of mine for a while, but I had no clue how to fix it. Just before the point of being frustrated today though, I decided I would try one more thing...singing the exercise with exactly the length and style of articulation I wanted. Voila! It came out of the horn exactly as I wanted it! I tried this many different ways, each time with a wonderful result. I even managed to smooth out my double and triple tongue approaching it this way. And it's all because I got the sound into my head by vocalizing it first.
Just thought I'd share!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Bill Adam All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: