• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

works for me

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjlist
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: works for me Reply with quote

I am a comeback player that wanted to figure it out myself. My bad, what can I say, I'm stubborn. I tried several approaches for several years. I stumbled (surfed) upon Karl Sievers trumpet corner (www.selmer.com) a couple of years ago and found it intriguing. I applied his concepts and still didnt get it. Karl says you cant learn how to play from the internet , get a teacher. Well, I found an adam teacher and have been working with him for 5 months. I have been progressing and getting a mature stronger resonant sound and greater strength. As I read the other forums here, I feel sorry for unsuspecting players. If you are one of them stop. Find an Adam teacher. I have also read a lot of the Gordon philosophy and that also appears to be similar and valid. I cant beleive the over analyzing of some of these forums. Its what paralyzed me. Try swingin a golf club and analyzing what your muscles are doing and somehow try to control it. When someone is producing a resonant sound...he is playing correctly. You need another ear to tell you that. Once it is identified only then do you become aware of what a resonant up front sound is. The challange is to make that sound in all ranges. This is done by smart practicing. I dont want to jinx myself because I have improved in other methods only to hit a wall. But this time I believe its real.
ADziuk
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad it has been successful for you. However, you will still have your bad days, weeks, or even months along this line of approaching the trumpet. Stick with it, don't give up.

I just had a couple days recently of playing and lessons with Dr. Sievers.
He said something that I really have taken to heart lately. Of all the great players that can really do it, that really outpace everyone, in any genre you can think of, their ace in the hole is that their musical mind is dominant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Bill Adam All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: