• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Caruso in marching band

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flugle-me-elmo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! I've recently started the Caruso exercises after buying the book here in town (Memphis, TN) and have found great results already...and it's early. My question is this: I'm the section leader of the trumpet section at my high school and I've started having all of the players in my section play the 6 magic notes and the 2nds exercise. However, I only have time to do this at the END of a 2 hour rehearsal, and not the beginning. Is this going to alter the effectiveness much? Also, are there any other hints or pointers for how I can do these better in a group setting? I would just tell them all to go home and do it...but I know many would not practice it at home. Anyway...thanks for any input!
PH
Bill Adam/Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that at the end of rehearsal it would be good to have everyone do six notes. Seconds might be problematic on tired chops, especially if some people don't approach the studies correctly (which is probably inevitable).

[ This Message was edited by: PH on 2002-09-13 10:11 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: