• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Kuhlohorn (pocket flugelhorn) on Ebay.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ljazztrm
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Kuhlohorn (pocket flugelhorn) on Ebay. Reply with quote

Hey everyone...I am selling my kuhlohorn, which I acquired several months ago and had professionally overhauled, on EBAY. I think this is a fantastic little horn but I am too used to the piston valve feel to switch to rotaries....have a look if you're interested:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7322794033
Www.LexSamu.com
gus
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little information about Kuhlo horns for anyone interested.

Mr. Johannes Kuhlo was a preacher and trumpet/fluegelhorn player in Germany by the end of 19th Century and the first decades of 20th century.

He lived in the area of Bielefeld ( Westfalen ) in Germany. At the time that he was a preacher it was a huge religious movement, like a returning to the faith or something like this, so the churches become crowded and the temple could not receive all the people, so the workship was done outside.

In order to play music, Mr. Kuhlo and his father used brass instruments in order to create a mobil organ and play the hymns to the crowd. They were inspired by the Moravian Trombone Choirs named "Posaunenchor" and they named the choirs also Posaunenchors.

Later He switched the choirs from trumpet and trombones to Flueglelhorns, Euphoniums, Horns and Tuba because of the more "singing" quality of the instruments. This choirs used basically a Kuhlo Horn that is the rounded fluegelhorn.

Later he created a Kuhlo Horn Sextet who played all over Germany before the II world war.

Hope it helps for you sale.
ljazztrm
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all that info Gus! Really interesting stuff....I'm going to add that to my description on EBAY.... All the best, Lex.
Www.LexSamu.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: