• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

UK BB finals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
horndevil
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: UK BB finals Reply with quote

A challenge ahead this year for those competing bands at the national finals in the lower sections. Pageantry should favour those who have spent many years in the Championship section though.

http://www.4barsrest.com/news/detail.asp?id=860

Ian Barnes
trumpetmike
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pageantry is one of my favourite brass band pieces, truly magical.
I played it in contest with a band whilst I was at university. On the day of the contest I got to the bus and we were told that our solo horn player would meet us at the venue - his Dad had died overnight, yet he would be there for the contest.
He was there exactly when he needed to be and said that he would be dedicating his playing to his Dad's memory.
When it came to the second movement (Cortege) he played the horn solo so beautifully it brought a tear to most of the band's eyes, mine included.
We didn't win, but that movement remains one of those pieces that can still move me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: