• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Jared and other famous trumpet players

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doublebuzz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2002 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Cats

I hear that Jared "the Subway Guy" is a great jazz trumpet player. Is this true? How does he do it while he is filming all of those TV commercials? I have also heard that Bret Farve played lead in his HS jazz band. You know I bet thats how he is such a great quarterback from those leadership skills he learned in High school jazz band. On a similar note I know for a FACT Paul "Pee Wee" Herman playes clarinet. Now that should be no surprise. Does anyone have any other gems on a similar subject. I would dig hearing from you.
Later
Double Buzz
PH
Bill Adam/Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2002 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really doubt the Jared story. He went to school here in Bloomington and still is in the area. I have seen him at the pharmacy (chemist for you folks from the UK), but never at a jazz concert. Bob Knight used to come to a lot of concerts, however. Actually, Hoosier basketball star, Jarred Jeffries is taking a jazz history course. Maybe that's who the rumor is about!
PH
Bill Adam/Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2002 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alto Saxophonist andy fusco first came to New York to play for the Jets. He also played with Buddy Rich. I wonder which gig was tougher!?!?!
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2002 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've known Andy for years. Great player . . . he tells more Buddy Rich stories than football stories if that's any indication. I played a "gig" (more of a rehearsal with paying customers in the place . . . that's not unusual in New Jersey, it would seem) with him a few months ago and he was just getting ready to get married for the second time. His ex-wife Ruth is also a saxophonist. So, football, Buddy's band, or marriage? I wonder which is the greatest challenge?

Wasn't there a commercial once? " . . . I'm not a trumpet player, but I play one on TV."

Hmmm. Maybe not!
Quadruple C
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2002 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ This Message was edited by: Quadruple C on 2003-09-29 14:14 ]
vivace
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Pee Wee Herman Paul Ruebens?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: