• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New Reinhardt-Oriented Web Site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
airdyn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please visit my new web site, dedicated to Dr. Reinhardt . It is "...a unique opportunity to learn the fundamentals of good brass playing".
http://www.airstreamdynamics.com . I am making available to my visitors ALL of the Pivot System Publications and will be doing my very best to add to the growing information being presented to the world of Doc and his legacy. Reprinted is the Herbert Clarke letter to Doc (Jan. 1943) , my own "corrected" MasterClass from the latest WINDPLAYER magazine, and much more. The "Mechanics" presented will be ongoing episodes and expanded on periodically. There is also a page of my available Services.
Thank you.
Dave S.

[ This Message was edited by: airdyn on 2003-05-29 09:47 ]
PH
Bill Adam/Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, what a great site! There's a lot to digest here and I really look forward to exploring.

Thank you.
Mr.Hollywood
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a regular poster on this forum I urge you all to check out Daves new web site.

For those of you who don't know Dave, he is "the man" when it comes to chops.

He studied with Doc for over forty years, and he is an accomplished lead/jazz trumpet player in Atlantic City. There isn't an act he hasn't played for.

Not only does he have years of experience studying and teaching the Pivot System, he also knows what its like to be "in the hot seat" night after night. Thats something you don't see much any more.........Brass teachers that actually PLAY for a living.

Good Luck Dave!

Chris

[ This Message was edited by: Mr.Hollywood on 2003-05-29 16:19 ]
DSR
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, this site is fabulous!

-Brendan
GTM
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just reviewed the site - GREAT!

Dave's a true professional, and responds quickly to inquiries.

By the way Dave, I REALLY like those mouthpieces I have purchased from you!

Blessings,
Golden Trumpet Ministries
Endorsing Artist - Wedge Mouthpieces and Phaeton Trumpets and Flugelhorns
airdyn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish to thank all of my visitors to my new web site and for the kind words of encouragement posted here on TrumpetHerald.
In less than two weeks on line, I am approaching the "300" hit mark, and am very grateful to you all.
I will be updating the Mechanics Page (next week will be my first update). I will begin the update with "the Role of the Arms", "The Proper RIGHT hand use", and examples of the various grip combinations that I have encountered. Mostly centered around trumpet playing, there will be some Trombone references as well.
One note that I wish to pass along. When ordering the Pivot System Manual of Studies for either Trumpet or Trombone there is a 4-6 week wait! This is due to them being "out of print' for the nonce, and I hope to remedy this by getting Presser to realize the importance of this publication and to Get With It! Why don't we all email Presser (on line at http://www.presser.com) about this? I will be ordering personal stock of all the books so when they come to me I will make them available immediately.

Thanks again. As a personal favor to anyone interested, I will email a copy of the latest PivoTalk to anyone emailing me for a copy. It is always available for Reinhardt Foundation members and I put it together 4 times a year.

Dave S.
Gillestar1
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems excellent, Dave....I will be getting more info from you as I progress in reading my "Encyclopedia". I may even come visit you over the summer.......GREAT SITE!!

Kurt
bgibson
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave;
Excellent web site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please feel free to add a link to my web site at VCSU
WEG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: