• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

What do I do?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkonstans1
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: What do I do? Reply with quote

I have a bit of a problem, and I'm thinking maybe somebody here could help me.

I bought a mouthpiece from a user of this site (and TM). I paid this person in mid November of 08. It is now almost February of 09 and I still do not have this mouthpiece.

I have been in contact with this person ever since I bought it. Here is the timeline:
Nov. 08: I buy this piece (a GR piece btw)

early Dec. 08: I don't have it yet. I contact the seller, and he tells me that the piece got returned to him in the mail. I think "ok, thats fine, I'll re-send him my address and we'll see when it gets here"

Jan. 09: I still don't have it. I have been in contact with the seller a few more times. He tells me that he has been starting a new semester of grad school and moving at the same time, so I understandably cut him some slack.

Now its almost Feb. 09, and I'm getting concerned. Over the past week or so, I've sent this person multiple messages both from here and TH, saying about the same thing; "I really need you to send me this now","I can't wait anymore","This is getting kind of ridiculous- its been 3 months", etc.

So, my question is, what else can I do? I don't know this person's e-mail address of phone number (or how I would go about getting them), and I don't know what else to do if the messages/e-mail alerts aren't getting through to him.

Please help
Bennett

Bach Strad Bb, Yamaha Xeno C, Yamaha Cornet, Couesnon Flugelhorn. GR Mouthpieces
richardwy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you plan on being an active TH/TM, if that person uses either forum to sell something in the future, say something on the thread like "sure would be nice if you sent me the mouthpiece I paid for 3 months ago."

To get your money back, I bet you've done everything reasonable already.
slide911
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since he can't send the mouthpiece, have him return your money.

I would tell him you will reveal his name on both forums unless your money is returned in one week.
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah . . .

Give him a week to get it to you, otherwise you tell him he'll be "outed."

I doubt he'll care.

Responsible people who take money from others in exchange for an item being purchased have a few days before the payment comes to get the item packed. He should have mailed your package as soon as your payment cleared.

If he cannot perform such a simple task . . . and one that reflects on a person's integrity and good will, then he doesn't belong in grad school anywhere.

Yep, give him a week's warning, then out him immediately by name and location. Hopefully someone reading the post will go to his school and let them know what kind of person they have in their graduate school.

Keep us informed . . . and out him so he cannot screw anyone else.

T.
lmf
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, if the person doesn't follow through, you should go ahead and do what the folks on here have suggested you do.

You have no idea if the person is selling the same mouthpiece over and over and running a scam. Even If he isn't running a scam, his behavior so far lacks integrity and he doesn't deserve to be treated kindly.

To let the person slip by is "enabling" that person to continue whatever game the person is playing.

Why tolerate it?

Best wishes,

Lloyd
fraserhutch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And furthermore, it fails to warn other uses of potentially being scammed as well.
Roger Ingram 1600is
Wild Thing Flugel
Dillon Rotary Picc.
GR and Curry Mouthpieces
bilboinsa
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame on him. Did you pay electronically? E-bay? PayPal? See if there is a refund mechanism or conflict resolution process if you did.

If not, do give him a date certain for delivery, then out him here and on TM if he fails to make good on money or mouthpiece.

I wish you all the best.

Schilke B2;
Kanstul 1525;
1927 Conn 22B
1970 B&H Regent
"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort."
http://www.myspace.com/schilkeb2
Member: http://xeml.buglesacrossamerica.org/
atsfjohn
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can totally understand being steamed about this--and the thing that really steams me up while reading this thread is that there's plenty of people here GIVING mouthpieces away.

I mean, quite honestly, if I'm not gonna use a mouthpiece anymore (because I have something better for me) I have no problem at all giving it to someone who might like to try that model, who might be able to use it.

I'm not saying this with any ulterior motive--in fact, the generosity of others on these forums to me has more than made up for the mouthpieces I've shipped out.

I do believe that whomever the individual is should either refund your money pronto with a written apology, or send you the mouthpiece pronto, with a written apology. If you don't get satisfaction, then by all means we should know the person's name. And being in school or moving is an unacceptable excuse. If I took somebody's money for something, I make darn sure either I myself or my wife drops it off at the Post Office pronto--often before the check has cleared.

Respectfully submitted--

John
Craig Swartz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hire Scorpion to hunt him down with his harpoon.
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Since it's been two months since the original poster posted this thread, I PM'ed him and asked if he'll log on and give us an update on this matter.

T.
Scorpion
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig Swartz wrote:
Hire Scorpion to hunt him down with his harpoon.

If you want to hire me, my standard fee is a six pack per harpoon stike. There is also a stalking fee of 100 buffalo wings, or 2 large pizzas to be delivered to an undisclosed location at times of my choice. You also must cover all the cotton candy I buy leading up to and during the hunting period. Or you can give me like 20 bucks, or a subway gift card or something.
Dave Mickley
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scorpion - I take it that for that SMALL fee you won't be using your custum harpoon, just a standard issue one. lol
Weril Cornet Lo 7535
King Master Cornet 295628
bkonstans1
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was asked to reply to this thread that I had forgotten about, so here goes:

I worked it out with the seller with the help of a very gracious TM moderator. Whether the seller was being truthful or not I can't really say, but once I got help from an outside source, the problem cleared up fast - within two or three days.

Bach Strad Bb, Yamaha Xeno C, Yamaha Cornet, Couesnon Flugelhorn. GR Mouthpieces
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: