• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

HMMM...VERY intersting!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rch-tech
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, this was wierd.
Lets start off with a "bit" of backround. I have a room in my home being decorated with a jazz theme. Been looking all over for an old horn. The I thought, why not just use my old cornet from the 6th grade. i could get it repaired, stripped and hang that puppy on the wall. Sure its not a trumpet but cornets were jazz too...look at Red Nichols?
Anyway...I pulled out the old ax which had 7c mouthpiece. It look like a bach but doesn't bare the bach name. It is a Besson cornet.
Anyway, I really seemed to favor that 7c...(I place it in my flugel cause the cornet leaks)
I seemed to have so much more control and less effort blowing my old range on that!
Anyway, I was wondering:
1) Would this 7c be a besson 7c and would it be identical to a bach 7c?
2) If so, does anyone have an old besson or bach 7c they wanna unload? (for trumpet though...)
Martin
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once had a Besson 7C for trumpet which looked exactly like a Bach, but it was stamped Besson. This was a beautiful piece! I _think_ it was a little bigger than the Bach 7C (I didnīt have one for comparison at the time) and it had a really warm, full, rich sound. I was looking for something brighter at the time and gave it away - stupid me.
I got to try it again a couple of years later. The guy who I gave it to used it with some really cheap student trumpet - but it still sounded great. I tried to get it back but he didnīt let it go...

Martin
rch-tech
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This piece is simple labeled 7C. Its rather large in print as well.
I wish I could just figure it out...i am sure its a besson.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: