• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

STOLEN HORNS!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NICE_BREATHS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: STOLEN HORNS!!! Reply with quote

Australian musician Matthew Jodrell has had his instruments mugged off the NYC subway. An Inderbinen Wood flugel, a Bach 72 trumpet with brushed lacquer, a Reunion Blues triple leather case, mutes and mouthpieces. If you see them please call him on 3477402333 or call the police - check pawn brokers near you if you have a chance. Thank you

Matt is an Amazing player! Don't let him be with out a horn for too long!

www.myspace.com/matthewjodrell

Cheers guys,

Eric
A.N.A.Mendez
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say mugged? You mean some low life stuck a gun or knife at him and took them? Or they were taken when he wasn't looking??? Bummer....

☛ "No matter how cynical you get, it's never enough to keep up" Lily Tomlin☚
snorthort

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First post here from a long time Trumpetherald "lurker". I had my 1966 Leblance 707 Sonic (bought new) stolen from my car recently. Long story for sure but it was posted for sale on Ebay, police report, bought it, thief didn't ship it, ebay and the police not the brightest or most persistent - but I was. Anyhow after 40 days I got it back. But ... the thief obliterated the S/N.

My takeaway - don't deal with Ebay - particulary not on musical instruments and their follow through and cooperation with law enforcement is so slow as to be useless. Bottom line - it was my doggedness and pestering and emailing lawenforcement@ebay.com that got attention.

Questions:
1.) I have, believe it or not, the original reciept dated January 17. 1967 with my name on it as the purchaser - I was 12. Cash mind you - $250 plus tax. And the receipt has a S/N written on it. Can I get Leblanc/Holton whomever to restore the S/N without causing more damage than the thief has already done?

2.) It doesn't appear the thief filed off enough metal to affect the middle valve's integrity but .... would you be concerned about that? Sort of related it could use a little work on the valve spacers etc. I live near Seattle Washington - can you suggest a skilled technician to give it a look and work on valves?

Thanks
Bill
chase1973
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the late '80's, I had a 1961 Besson Meha and a brand-new Yamaha 6340ST trumpet(s) stolen from my house. They left the cases, only took the horns and a MPC. Police reports filed, searched every pawn shop in the tri-county area for months after and nothing. This was years before eBay so I always wondered if they didn't pawn it...where did they end up?
I always suspected it was somebody I knew but I never saw anybody I know with those horns...
OldSchoolEuph
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snorthort wrote:
I live near Seattle Washington - can you suggest a skilled technician to give it a look and work on valves?

Thanks
Bill

Dan Oberloh

http://oberloh.com/

2017 Austin Winds Stage 466
1962 Mt. Vernon Bach 43
1954 Holton 49 Stratodyne
1927 Conn 22B
1957 Holton 27 cornet
1985 Yamaha YEP-621
1975 Yamaha YEP-321 Custom
1965 Besson Baritone
1975 Olds Recording R-20
krax
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear that you got it back!

You've put in a lot of personal effort, not everyone would do that. Just shows that things can be done even if it seems to be hopeless.
etc-etc
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldSchoolEuph wrote:
snorthort wrote:
I live near Seattle Washington - can you suggest a skilled technician to give it a look and work on valves?

Thanks
Bill

Dan Oberloh

http://oberloh.com/

Absolutely yes - Dan is great to work with and gets things done well!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: