• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Modify? Or buy another? Bach material inside

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capt.Kirk
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a tool. If it cost $200 and does not work then is it worth spending the $$$$ to making it work since the cost of parts and labor woudl exceed the price of the horn? If it cost $10,000 and does not work it is too expensive to spend the money make it work right for you??????

Just wondering what the magic $$$$$$ amount is that would make it worth adjusting to suit you? Bach's are a dime a dozen and lose their most their value the second you buy them. They only have value if owned by the right person or if they are rare in some way. They make 20,000 horns a year not like their is a shortage the market is saturated with them. You can insert any huge corporate OEM's name int heir and much of the same would be true.

Take it to a good tech. and have them help you make it play the way you want it to play. Using a tool that does not work well for you makes little sense if you can save the money and have it made the way you want by a good tech.! Preferably a tech that also plays a brass instrument even if it is not trumpet.
tiago.pt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friends... I´m trying a new Bach 37, (friend of mine) 66XXXX and what i have to say after 4 hours practising is that the difference between the 37 standard and a 43 LR is huge...

I can get a "fuller" sound in the 37 and the high notes i can blow easier.... Is more confortable... I´ve been playing since morning and now i will practice full Hummel concert

I trying flexibility, power, long notes, articulation, dinamics, etc... i fell more able to play!

Now i just have to rob a bank to buy one
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: