• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

How do you feel about R/P being locked down?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpet356
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MilesD wrote:
The first rule of the MilesD clinic is to print YOUR nonsence along WITH my retort. Can you comply 356? Probably not

Let me get this straight: You were complaining about the incivility in R&P
("that if you waver then you are sure to be blasted. Sorry but thats just not right" ), yet if you don't like what's being said, it's perfectly ok for you to issue personal attacks? You don't see just a bit of hypocrisy in your post?

Sorry but thats just not right

Hahahahahahaaha!
Clarino
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, because of 356 this topic has been moved to Reveille. This is good. This is what happens (or should happen) when a topic in the lounge (or other parts of the TH Forum) becomes uncivil.

Why can't R/P operate this way?

It's a crying shame to see cats like Ray and Allen depart from R/P because morons like T356 and Converse are incapable of behaving in a civilised manner. Why can't they be shown the door whenever they step out of line? Hell, if you are responsible for getting a thread moved to Revielle more than three times in any one month you should be suspended from TH. It would take a little extra work from the mods to begin with, but trust me, people would soon get the message.
trumpet356
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clarino wrote:
Well, because of 356 this topic has been moved to Reveille. This is good. This is what happens (or should happen) when a topic in the lounge (or other parts of the TH Forum) becomes uncivil.

It's a crying shame to see cats like Ray and Allen depart from R/P because morons like T356 and Converse are incapable of behaving in a civilised manner. Why can't they be shown the door whenever they step out of line? Hell, if you are responsible for getting a thread moved to Revielle more than three times in any one month you should be suspended from TH. It would take a little extra work from the mods to begin with, but trust me, people would soon get the message.

Why is it that some folks, in general, either won't take responsibility for their actions, or will mis-assign responsibility? I see it, for example, when Israel gets blamed for responding to terrorists kidnapping their people and having rockets fired indiscriminantly at their cities - and now we see it here.

Miles makes his Mother Theresa post, bemoaning all the bad guys who made R&P unbearable, and I respond WITH HIS VERY OWN WORDS from a thread - showing either his hypocrisy on the subject (or at minimum his short-term memory), and I'M to blame?

He should have just said "Yeah, I'm part of the problem, too, I guess. I'll try harder myself to be good." That's what he should have said - because it would have been humble, and it would have been correct. What did he say instead?
"Ya youre one of those regular R/P troublemakers that no one really likes. "
"Just think buddy, R/P was shut down because of guys like you"
No acknowledgement of his contribution to the problem - no contrition. Nope, it's all the other bad guyswho ruined it for everyone.

He's the one with the personal attack, not me (unless you consider my using his words to refute his stance on who's causing the problems in R&P). And you think I'm uncivilized?

Excellent judgment.........
Clarino
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpet356 wrote:
Yeah Miles, maybe while R&P is down you can hold a clinic on Proper Posting Etiquette, so that when R&P comes back, we'll be able to uphold your lofty standards of debate:

B-b-b-but Sir! MilesD started it!!!
trumpet356
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clarino wrote:
trumpet356 wrote:
Yeah Miles, maybe while R&P is down you can hold a clinic on Proper Posting Etiquette, so that when R&P comes back, we'll be able to uphold your lofty standards of debate:

B-b-b-but Sir! MilesD started it!!!

Just pointing out the facts, folks.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, T356 is getting a bum rap. It is clear from the quoted posts that MilesD crossed the line he claimed others crossed. I am sure that the people MilesD had in mind also could claim, "but he did it too".
Craig Swartz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We accomplish little by referring to each other as morons, etc. There is a real, clinical definition for "moron" as there is for "liar" and many of the other horrible, emotional things people, especially elected officials or their proponents here have been called. I can't think of any case where the charge has ever been proven, thus, the statement should never have been made.

Should we feel the need to take sides on issues here, let it be to take sides against those who make such ridiculous statements first, otherwise the truth, or at least a viable attempt at explanation can never take place. We should strive to act and post in a somewhat civilized manner. I have no problem with someone using my words to prove their point either way. If I am wrong, I will apologize for it, if I am misunderstood, I will attempt to clarify, but should one merely disagree, I will stand by my previous statements until being convinced otherwise.

Name calling is hardly an effective device with which to convince people unless that person is also in a postition over the rest of us such as Saddam maintained for years in Iraq until the initial liberation.
MilesD
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpet356 wrote:
MilesD wrote:
The first rule of the MilesD clinic is to print YOUR nonsence along WITH my retort. Can you comply 356? Probably not

Let me get this straight: You were complaining about the incivility in R&P
("that if you waver then you are sure to be blasted. Sorry but thats just not right" ), yet if you don't like what's being said, it's perfectly ok for you to issue personal attacks? You don't see just a bit of hypocrisy in your post?

Sorry but thats just not right

Hahahahahahaaha!

T356

I did cross the line but only after you irritated me by only telling half the story. Im not totally knocking personal attacks, afterall we've been moved to Reveille.

What I am knocking is that you (and Converse) only tell half the story man. The first time you came into my (this) post you were quoting me left and right trying to make me look like a jackass, when you DIDNT post WHAT I was sending a retort to. And you dont think I have the right to be p'off at you? Cmon!

Thats like someone telling you to F'off and you not saying what irritated them to do so. Learn to tell the whole story T356. I hope thats not to Liberal a concept for you

Why cant you be a man and take responsibillity for what you said when you first entered this post? Is that all that Repubs do is blow things off?

BTW I may disagree with you but I will defend your right to say what you want, even though youre acting irrational. This is North America afterall and not some set of loser 3rd world countries like the middle east

Trumpet: Red Maestro and Yamaha
Mouthpiece: Holton Heim

MilesD
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clarino wrote:
It's a crying shame to see cats like Ray and Allen depart from R/P because morons like T356 and Converse are incapable of behaving in a civilised manner. Why can't they be shown the door whenever they step out of line?

You go Clarino!

trumpet356
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MilesD wrote:
Learn to tell the whole story T356.

I am telling the whole story. The whole story is:

1) You complain about the "Meanness" in R&P, and
2) You contribute to that "Meanness", along with the rest of the "nuts" you've disparaged here, with your personal attacks.
3) You feel your personal attacks are justified for some reason or another

Dude, everyone feels that their personal attacks are justified. Yours aren't special or "more understandable". You dump that kind of stuff into R&P, just like everyone you've condemned - and the proof is in your words right here.

End of story.
Clarino
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpet356 wrote:

No, you are misrepresenting the facts. Something which you do with great frequency.

LittleRusty wrote:
Come on, T356 is getting a bum rap. It is clear from the quoted posts that MilesD crossed the line he claimed others crossed. I am sure that the people MilesD had in mind also could claim, "but he did it too".

The quoted posts were not from this thread, and were posted out of context. T356 used them to provoke an arguement in a thread in which he had not previously been involved or attacked.

trumpet356 wrote:

2) You contribute to that "Meanness", along with the rest of the "nuts" you've disparaged here, with your personal attacks.

There you go again, misrepresenting the facts. Here's what really happened (those who have read this thread in its entirity won't need telling this, but some people never bother do they?):

1) MilesD posted this thread questioning whether people would miss R/P if it remained closed forever, and lamenting that many people could not behave themselves when it was open.
2) Several people responded that they would miss it, others that they would not.
3) You attacked MilesD quoting him from previous threads (which are now deleted, convenient for you) in which he had attacked you in response to your attacks on him
4) He pointed out that it was this type of uncivilised behaviour from you that got R/P shut down in the first place, as did I.
5) You tried to convince us that MilesD started it.
6) None of us bought your lies.

That's the whole story folks.

MilesD wrote:
You go Clarino!

I certainly do. In fact, I'm going now. TTFN
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really meaningless to start slinging accusations of who started what within the R/P forum . . . for all the proof disappears faster than boyfriends at a paternity test.

T.
MilesD
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpet356 wrote:
MilesD wrote:
Learn to tell the whole story T356.

Dude, everyone feels that their personal attacks are justified. Yours aren't special or "more understandable". You dump that kind of stuff into R&P, just like everyone you've condemned - and the proof is in your words right here.

End of story.

T356

Fact: You came into my thread posting only my retort trying to make me look like a jackass

Fact: You STILL refuse to post what you said. Whats wrong T356? Ego to big?

Fact: You are telling only half the story.

Fact: You (as Clarino said) misrepresent the facts.

Ill admit I was partly wrong because I am a big enough man to do that. Can you do the same T356? Probably not!

As for me being a 'nut', I think most in here will agree that YOU and Converse are the two biggest R/P nuts there are. You two guys probably single handedly got R/P shut down

Solution: Be a man and tell the whole story or shut the hell up

Now its End of story. Have a nice day

Last edited by MilesD on Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
MilesD
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clarino wrote:
trumpet356 wrote:

No, you are misrepresenting the facts. Something which you do with great frequency.

LittleRusty wrote:

The quoted posts were not from this thread, and were posted out of context. T356 used them to provoke an arguement in a thread in which he had not previously been involved or attacked.

trumpet356 wrote:

There you go again, misrepresenting the facts. Here's what really happened (those who have read this thread in its entirity won't need telling this, but some people never bother do they?):

1) MilesD posted this thread questioning whether people would miss R/P if it remained closed forever, and lamenting that many people could not behave themselves when it was open.
2) Several people responded that they would miss it, others that they would not.
3) You attacked MilesD quoting him from previous threads (which are now deleted, convenient for you) in which he had attacked you in response to your attacks on him
4) He pointed out that it was this type of uncivilised behaviour from you that got R/P shut down in the first place, as did I.
5) You tried to convince us that MilesD started it.
6) None of us bought your lies.

That's the whole story folks.

MilesD wrote:
You go Clarino!

I certainly do. In fact, I'm going now. TTFN

Thanks Clarino, youre one of the good guys

trumpet356
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: How do you feel about R/P being locked down? Reply with quote

This is really just too funny. Miles starts this thread, bemoaning the fate of R&P, subtly blaming "the jerks" for bringing the high tone of debate down to the gutter:

MilesD wrote:
Just curious guys. How do you feel about R/P being locked down and why? I think it is an interesting forum and Ive learned much about world politics, but theres far to much arguments and mud slinging going on in there

MilesD wrote:
As for me I wouldnt mind seeing it back up but theres far to many jerks that hang out in there.

Its also a nice place to go if youre pee'd off and wanna have an arguement and kind of like Archie Bunkers living room. And you sure can count on being called a 'meathead' or worse by someone in there

MilesD wrote:
[Ya thats what bothered me about R/P. To many outspoken individuals who would dump on your head if your opinion wavers from thiers.

MilesD wrote:
The point here is that there will be jerks anywhere becasuse the web is a reflection of society, and unfortunately society has lots of them, so the lounge is not exempt.

R/P is full of nuts that are so entrenched in thier views, that if you waver then you are sure to be blasted. Sorry but thats just not right

And then, when I bring in the actual quotes that this guy made in one of the last threads of R&P, before it was pulled - proving he was one of the guys who helped create the tone he complains about here - this is somehow "unfair"?

Take responsibility. You're part of the problem you've tried to whine about with this thread.
ARB
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: How do you feel about R/P being locked down? Reply with quote

trumpet356 wrote:
And then, when I bring in the actual quotes that this guy made in one of the last threads of R&P, before it was pulled - proving he was one of the guys who helped create the tone he complains about here - this is somehow "unfair"?

I wouldn't mind seeing the quotes that provoked his quotes which you posted.

00 Schilke S22
77 LA Benge 5X
63 Burbank Benge C

"It's what we think we know that keeps us from knowing"
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: How do you feel about R/P being locked down? Reply with quote

trumpet356 wrote:
MilesD wrote:
Ya thats what bothered me about R/P. To many outspoken individuals who would dump on your head if your opinion wavers from thiers.

MilesD wrote:
The point here is that there will be jerks anywhere becasuse the web is a reflection of society, and unfortunately society has lots of them, so the lounge is not exempt.

R/P is full of nuts that are so entrenched in thier views, that if you waver then you are sure to be blasted. Sorry but thats just not right

T356, I think you should consider your self "blasted". And I do agree with Miles, that is not right.

ARB,

While it would be interesting, it really doesn't matter, the pot was caught calling the kettle black.
308WIN
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clarino wrote:

Speaking of "pot, kettle..."

9/11/01 Never forget those who died. Never forget those who killed them.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

308WIN wrote:
Clarino wrote:

Speaking of "pot, kettle..."

Thanks 308WIN, you're one of the good guys.
ARB
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you feel about R/P being locked down? Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:
trumpet356 wrote:
MilesD wrote:
Ya thats what bothered me about R/P. To many outspoken individuals who would dump on your head if your opinion wavers from thiers.

MilesD wrote:

T356, I think you should consider your self "blasted". And I do agree with Miles, that is not right.

ARB,

While it would be interesting, it really doesn't matter, the pot was caught calling the kettle black.

HEY man you got something against black kettles?

JUST KIDDING!!!

00 Schilke S22
77 LA Benge 5X
63 Burbank Benge C

"It's what we think we know that keeps us from knowing"
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: