• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Harrelson vs Monette

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeyMike
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuck in ny wrote:
yes, an orgy of bandwidth.
that long kirk post is like the DJs who do that thing twitching the records backwards. it's the same material only rearranged to someone's internal rhythm.
for some reason in all its glory and length it's the funniest thing i've seen in a long time.
..chuck

Not just funny. Find the code within and all things will become clear. Secrets of the Freemasons, Illuminati, alchemy, the recipe for whatever that stuff is they put on Big Macs... All in there. Kirk's got every bit of it, if only you can crack the code. Try every seventh letter.
LakeTahoeTrpt
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what its worth; I played my Taylor Chicago Lite 46 professionally for seven years and didn't take out my Burbank Benge one time during that period. At one point I had made a (nearly) complete switch to Taylor, playing a Taylor C (yes, he made it, although I no longer see one on his web site) and a Taylor Phat Boy Flugel. The Phat Boy was the first to go; the sound was just too diffuse for me. Next went the C, mainly due to intonation problems. When I bought my Kanstul 1510 C, I got a big tinge of muscle memory that said, "Benge!" I pulled out that Burbank and rediscovered the sweet sound, the easy slotting, and the intonation that I had forgotten. I then took it one step further and pulled out my old Bach 1 1/4 C with a #10 back bore, and I feel like I am in heaven. This, by the way, is the set-up I played in 1969 when I bought that Benge brand-new for $330. The Taylor is prettier, but the Benge is sweeter. As to the Monette vs. Harrelson question, I don't personally know anyone who plays a Harrelson, but I do know people who have been Monette artists for quite a while, including one of his big names with a mouthpiece "designed for him" who have stopped playing those horns and returned to Bach, Schilke, etc. Please don't ask me why, as I don't know, and they aren't saying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: