• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

noticed that bach has no telephone number for support why?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
saxophonist56
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: noticed that bach has no telephone number for support why? Reply with quote

kind of sucks that bach has no one to talk to about their horns. i sent an email to customer support and they said i contaced the wrong division. i got the address off the bach support website. ???
saxophonist56
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: noticed that bach has no telephone number for support wh Reply with quote

saxophonist56 wrote:
kind of sucks that bach has no one to talk to about their horns. i sent an email to customer support and they said i contaced the wrong division. i got the address off the bach support website. ???

so i guess i'll anwer myself.....the steinway website apparently has the support number for bach
interfx
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: noticed that bach has no telephone number for support wh Reply with quote

saxophonist56 wrote:

The reason they make it hard to find the phone number is that you the instrument was bought (or originally) bought from a dealer. ie. you don't call Ford HQ for a question about your Ford. You go to your local dealer is their support model.

Regardless, try this phone number. I find them always helpful when I talk to them.

Conn-Selmer Inc
600 Industrial Pkwy
Elkhart, Indiana
(574) 522-1675
Capt.Kirk
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because they just want you to shut up and buy what ever they churn out like Detroit wanted customers to do for so long.

Did you notice they have no email contact either on the Bach site??? I complained about this years ago.

This is one reason why I like Kanstul,Getzen and Schilke so much. Sure I am vocal about things I do not like about the 3 above copanies but I like that I can call them and talk to a real human being about the products they sell! I have talked to Zig myself and to Charles more then once, same goes for Mary at Getzenand I think Jim or James in production etc........I never had call more then once......Same thing goes for CarolBrass I can call Mr. Lee any time I want and I know I will speak to him if I need too.

I hate almost everything about Conn-Selmer-Bach because of how they chose to do business and not deal with their customer's. It is easier to push that stuff off on the retailer and the marketing too but that does not make for a good customer experience. Once the shinny newness of the product is gone and you understand the name holds no magic being able to interact with people that built the product matter's a lot. Ever notice you never ever hear anyone complain about Schilke's CUstomer service??? That is because the rest of the industry is doing such a bad job over all that it makes it rather easy to blow customers away with what should really be considered standard customer service.

Yes you can contact the OEM of your vehicle their customer service number's and legal department number's are usually in the back of the owner's manual that comes with your car. I know I used to be an expert witness for General Motor's legal department. I hate the word "Expert" but it is what it is. Normally there are a bunch of phone number's in the back of an Automotive Owner's manuals. On top of that it is not hard to get the phone number you want.

I know I will offend some but that can not be helped. I do not want to talk to some no-nothing musical instrument retailer that will have a lot of staff that while good people and helpful know less then I do about the instrument in question. It would be different if every retailer had a brick and mortar building fully staffed with brass repair technicians and pre-approval to do all and any work under warranty. It has only been about 5 years that dealerships had to get authorization in advance to do warranty work for General Motor's. I helped create and train that department and when they asked me to leave they offered to give me a few more months if I would go to Canada and train the replacements for the USA based team. In stead they broke it up amougst India/Pakistan and Canada. They promised the dealership network they would never make them speak to people that did not speak English as their primary language which is why they moved it from Michgan to Canada. We saved GM something like $184 million dollars the first year in warranty repairs. Dealerships had to actually trouble shoot the system with Tech's over the phone deciding if the warranty called for repair or replacement. Prior to that if the Dealer wanted to replace a transmission on a new car they just did after that they had to get permission to replace only repairs where automatic. So unless Bach is going to let me have Dr. Valve redo my pistons under warranty or refinish the horn for acid bleeds with out prior approval then what good is the retailer??? So comparing a trumpet to a car is not even remotely a like.

In fact if we made that comparison then trumpets should sell for about $50. I just got a 2008 Saturn Aura with 50K-ish miles for $10k or about the price of a Monette or the Harrelson Art model etc.....Look at the difference in total machine time, man power time, raw materials, over head then come talk trumpet prices, warranty's and the like.
dr_trumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capt.Kirk wrote:

I hate almost everything about Conn-Selmer-Bach because of how they chose to do business and not deal with their customer's.

Everyone here knows that. Why you feel the need to constantly post this is beyond me. But, let me just say, one ten minute search on this forum of your posts would show no less than 50 article espousing how much you hate them. Perhaps you should make it your signature line?

Sorry that they evidently took a whiz in your post toasties...
Arranger/Composer; Lilly Music
oliver king
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hell if you understand everything I said, you’d be me.”
-Miles Davis from Newsweek, March 23, 1970
terry horace
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do I get the feeling they don't have an easily findable phone number precisely because of people like Capt. Quirk?
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to work at a company that made a common component for notebook computers.

The business model was that the OEMs did their own support of this component. But we would occasionally get people who didn't understand, no make that wouldn't accept, the business arrangment and would get bent out of shape that the world didn't work they way they demanded.
RandyTX
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terry horace wrote:
Why do I get the feeling they don't have an easily findable phone number precisely because of people like Capt. Quirk?

I think you might be right about that one, although the other comment upthread about car dealerships versus calling Ford HQ was spot on.

I spoke to a Bach rep a few years ago in person at an instrument show. Somewhere in the discussion TH came up. He made mention of them avoiding TH because of some crazy people, like a certain Star Trek character. I laughed a bit at that, then he said they had actually printed out some of his posts internally and used them as comic material on a breakroom billboard.

Sounds legit.
Retlaw
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good troll! I knew he would bite as soon as I saw the title...

John ....how many times have you called this number?
1-800-553-6000

Walter
rockford
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr_trumpet wrote:
Capt.Kirk wrote:

I hate almost everything about Conn-Selmer-Bach because of how they chose to do business and not deal with their customer's.

Everyone here knows that. Why you feel the need to constantly post this is beyond me. But, let me just say, one ten minute search on this forum of your posts would show no less than 50 article espousing how much you hate them. Perhaps you should make it your signature line?

Sorry that they evidently took a whiz in your post toasties...
Captain K. often drops out of threads when he's invited to the Bach factory for a personal tour or the actual facts about the instruments or Conn-Selmer come into play. Like most companies and products, there are positives and negatives. Unfortunately, hate often puts blinders on people who don't want to see everything.
Mike Prestage
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone succeeded in getting a copy of a shop card recently? I've sent two emails to Conn-Selmer customer service and had no replies. AFAIK there's no email address for Bach specifically and I'd rather not phone them from the UK!

Mike
LDK-97
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to get that email adress. I got some strange wear on the upper part of my valves and show a picture of my Artisan and discuss that with someone åt Bach.
Bach Stradivarius Artisan Piccolo
Yamaha 8335GS Neo Bb
Retlaw
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LDK-97 wrote:
I would also like to get that email adress. I got some strange wear on the upper part of my valves and show a picture of my Artisan and discuss that with someone åt Bach.

Post the photographs on TH ...lots of techs here to give you the answer and a course of action.

Walter
trumpetchops
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can call Ford if you need to and they will help. My wife argued with a Ford rep so much that they offered her another car.
Mike Prestage
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Conn-Selmer email address is custserv@conn-selmer.com. I imagine they'll reply if you enquire about an issue with a recent horn. I was contacting them about a Bach from the 50's so I'm not surprised I got zero customer service!

Mike
LDK-97
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sent an email twice to Conn selmer, no response...

See if I could put up some picture later. The Wear is on the upper brass on the valves. I owned Bach trumpets fr.o.m. The 1960-1970, nerver had any wear like this.

If someone got an mail adress straight to Bach, I would like to have it.
Yamaha 8335GS Neo Bb
interfx
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: noticed that bach has no telephone number for support wh Reply with quote

interfx wrote:

Conn-Selmer Inc
600 Industrial Pkwy
Elkhart, Indiana
(574) 522-1675

musicalmason1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do get a reply from bach, they will probably ask for a serial # to see when it was purchased and see the status of the warranty, if it is under warranty they will most likely refer you to the dealer where you bought it. You could save yourself some time and not mess around and making yourself frustrated trying to get answers from the factory and just go directly to your local dealer.
LDK-97
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talked to my dealer, great guy but not so helpful...
Yamaha 8335GS Neo Bb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: