• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Carnival of Venice (Arban)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickpasternack
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Carnival of Venice (Arban) Reply with quote

I'm on my second trip through the Arban book this year, and was wondering.....would the Carnival of Venice be an ideal piece to work on breathing technique? I've had issues with that piece in the past (I've skipped it and some others at the back of Arban), because of breath Control issues. I find myself running out of air in the middle section of the piece. Particularly in areas of double tonguing. Any opinions for pieces I should use to practice good breathing technique?
Andy Del
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wile there may be pieces of music that can help your breathing and breath control, you could also work purely on your breathing.

Try 'breathing gym', and see how you go. We've been using it at school for 2 years now, and have sen some impressive results from ids who take on-board the concepts: and I know it's beneficial for my playing as well.

Then, you can play pretty well any **** piece you like, from a breathing perspective.

cheers

Andy
dmb
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always work on taking quick breaths at whatever point is most needed, then every so many days move the breath mark a little further along. Also, make sure you are not playing too loudly. Play entire passages softer all the way through and add volume as you gain strength.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWuX9zPJWyY
-----------------------------------------------
Olds
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Pedagogy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: