• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Opinions of Schagerl Academica?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CTU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Opinions of Schagerl Academica? Reply with quote

Would appreciate opinions of the Schagerl Academica line of trumpets. Specifically the 620 series.

Thanks!
laurent
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

No answer?

Well, I don't have any personal experience with the Schagerl Academica trumpets line, but I can say that I've always read very good reviews about these horns.
Produced in Asia (Taiwan I suppose) at low cost under the control of Schagerl, they have the reputation to be very good horns at a very affordable price.

For more information, look at a recent thread on this forum about the Schagerl Jim Morrison.

Bb Trumpets: Courtois Évolution IV, Stomvi Forte,
Buescher T-120, HT3.
Mpcs: Monette B2s3, Kanstul M-B2.
Flugel: H.Bagué (Yam 631 clone in red brass).
Mpcs: Curry FL & FLD.
CTU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for the response.

I have read all I can find about Schagerl, including the Jim Morrison connection, but there doesn't seem to be much info out there. From what I can tell, they seem to have a pretty good reputation, but are not well-known here in the US.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who might have personal experience with Schagerl trumpets... Anyone???

Thanks!
Tony Scodwell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Schagerl Reply with quote

I did some development work with Karl Schagerl two years ago and the result was a Schagerl "Las Vegas" model Bb. Based on an existing Academica model and fitted with my leadpipe design, I understand it sells well in Europe and now Australia as well. The two Taiwan companies working with Schagerl on their horns are delivering the very highest quality instruments that I have ever played. James Morrison has become the latest person to endorse [and design] Schagerl trumpets. The "James Morrison" trumpets are available now and the "Morrison Maeste" model will be introduced June 1-5 in Melk, Austria at the Schagerl Festival played by James himself. Every top brass player in Europe will also be featured in this week long festival of brass playing greatness. Check the Schagerl website for details on the festival and all the instruments. Washington Music Center is the only Schagerl distributor in the US [so far] and is in the process of outfitting the NY Philharmonic section with Schagerl rotarys. For details on the various Schagerl trumpets, call Lee Walkowich at 301.946.8808
Tony Scodwell
Scodwell USA Trumpets and Flugelhorns available only from Washington Music Center, call Lee Walkowich at 301.946.8808
CTU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your response!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: