• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Everyone Who Has Seen Warbird's Posts...Attention!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warbird
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Everyone.

Whether you decide to believe this or not is your choice but I truly wish you would listen to this because I do not want to be blamed for something that was my fault.

One of my (quote unquote) "friends" has been using my name an aweful lot the past few days and I see he has been making quite a mess. Let me just clear something up. Joshua, the one who has been using my name, is a fellow trumpet player from Va. that said he wanted to use my name for a while because he only wanted to put a few posts on. Well, as you can guess, I was suprised to see all of the wonderful lies he had posted about me, high schoolers, and (most importantly to me) my school. I beg all of you to please dismiss all of the comments that were posted the the topic about the ego thing(I forgot what its called) and all of the other topics or posts put up in the "Fundamentals" area. I spend most of my time in the place about instruments and toys and so forth. So, please not to hold anything against my persons or my band. I am in a way flattered to know that he would think that our trumpet section is good enough to hit the double C (yes the one that is five ledgers I think...never played that high:)), but we are not nearly that good.

If you want to know the truth about Concord, here is the scoop. Concord has done some pretty impressive things, but we are not nearly close to some of the other bands like Lassader and some of those other BOA bands. Well, if you have any questions about me or the band I'm in, than please e-mail me at Warbird@defense.com and I would be pleased to hear from you. I have changed my password so I shouldn't have any other problems...Goodnight.
trickg
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And all this time I thought you were some poor confuzzled HS kid in need of some clarification and edumacation!

The whole High C - Double High C thing is a common mistake. After a while we figured out that what he was refering to as double C was really just 2nd ledger high C.

It's just unfortunate that in such a short time he you chalked up quite a reputation for yourself.

It's just nice to be able to talk to some other people who share the same interests as me. Playing trumpet is the only thing, other than my marriage, that I have ever stuck with for any length of time.

Anyway, I wanted to post to keep this on the "Active Topics" list so that we can get your rep repaired as quickly as possible.
- ACB Doubler

"95% of the average 'weekend warrior's' problems will be solved by an additional 30 minutes of insightful practice." - PLP
Warbird
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I see. Well, I can't say that I probably wouldn't have made the same mistake. Just for our purposes, we often do use that terminology, but I didn't think it was right...I really had no clue though because I enevr play that high. Thank you for understanding...its just he gets carried away when he starts something and runs his mouth. Believe me, if he wasn't my friend, I would kill him. But, as it is jsut because I knnow how he acts, its ok. He just gets really carried away. Get what I'm saying?

In Christ,
Joseph N. Pack
trumpetgeek234
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really glad, that that whole thing is not true!!
I hadn't been able to sleep good, because I was always thinking about those incredible high school players and how they were doing that
PB
Warbird
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you mean the mini-Maynards? No, really, think about how awesome that would be if everyone in a trumpet section could play up to the double C (that is the one you guys mean...not the one Josh means). We could like play Dizzy Gillespie music for our half-time show:).

In Christ,
Joseph N. Pack

PS I editted this because I keep mis-spelling M-A-Y-N-A-R-D...I think thats right. I should really know because I use one of those Holton MF horns...I love that thing...dare I say it, I think I like it better than my friend's Blackburn...I feel too held back with my air with those.

[ This Message was edited by: Warbird on 2002-02-09 08:58 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: