• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Discovered a New Practice Place

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrsemman
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Discovered a New Practice Place Reply with quote

Just a quick background. Since the beginning of this year, I have been waging a war on a guy who is continuing to litter our street and particularly, a remote area of my property. This guy, who until a week or two after Easter, had remained unknown, was depositing mini bottles of "Old Mr. Boston Blackberry Brandy" alongside the road and into my trout stream. I complained to two different town police departments, as my property straddles two different towns and counties. The police both said they would investigate. For about a month the littering stopped. Then came back in a burst. I mean that I would find about 10 new bottles every day. Around Easter, the guy had an accident on our road. He took down a utility pole and ended up astride a roack wall. He was identified and arrested for drunk driving. While his truck was being repaired, the littering stopped. Then began again, when he got the truck back.

Yesterday, my wife and I did a few things. First, I made copies of a log I had compiled with pics of the amount of bottles we had collected over the months, and gave the evidence to both police departments. Then we located the truck outside the liquor store, the man owns, and tied the bag with the empty bottles to the driver's door. We also learned that the man is dropping the bottles while on his way to work, which means that he drinks them coming home from work, then litters on the way to work.

This morning, I was on surveillance duty with a video camera. So with a practice mute, I took my cornet and practiced while we waited. Unfortunately, the man never drove by, but I think that I can do this for an indefinite period of time. I get to kill two things at once.
Zeus Guarnerius Flugelhorn
Kanstul G Bugle
Jin Boa Bass Trumpet
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully you aren't near where he can hit you in his inebriated state.
mrsemman
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No,

I sdet the camera up in a hide near the street, and stay in my truck hidden in a cornfield about 20' away, but still in sight of the camera.

I found three more a few minutes ago.
Zeus Guarnerius Flugelhorn
Kanstul G Bugle
Jin Boa Bass Trumpet
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bottles should have his finger prints on them. If nothing else the police should be interested since the guy is driving with an open container. You don't live in Texas do you? California has a law preventing open containers in the car.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: