• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

My Arban Adventure - TimsTrumpetPlace

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How often do you use Arban in your practice?
Daily
38%
 38%  [ 19 ]
4-5 times per week
20%
 20%  [ 10 ]
2-3 times per week
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
At least 1 time per week
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
A few times per month
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
At least 1 time per month
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
A few times per year
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Never
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 50

Shofarblast

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: My Arban Adventure - TimsTrumpetPlace Reply with quote

Hey all you trumpet players

I've started a trumpet related blog and I want to invite everyone to stop by. Among other things, I'm blogging about my Arban Adventure--my experiences, thoughts, and insights as I work my way through Arban's Complete Conservatory Method for Trumpet. I used it a lot in college but that was a long time ago and now it's time to buckle down and get my embouchure back in shape and see what I can achieve. It's only been a few weeks but I can already see progress.

http://TimsTrumpetPlace

I am hoping to produce content that is worthwhile and not just fluff. Several years back I bought an anthology of 50 years of brass related articles from "The Instrumentalist." I don't know if it is still being published but it was a great periodical specifically designed for music educators. The articles were written by some amazing musicians. There are also some good interviews of people like Maurice Andre and Dizzy Gillespie and more. I plan to share information from this anthology in addition to other content.

Come by and check it our. Leave a comment and share your thoughts.

Moonpie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like your web site Tim! Great job. I will check it regularly!
"Praise Him with the sounding of the trumpet"
Shofarblast

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Hey Moonpie. Thanks, I appreciate it. If you have any ideas that might make it better I would love to hear them. Also, if you have any thoughts for some good content for trumpet related posts, let me know.

Shofarblast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Poll results Reply with quote

I have to say I am a little surprised that almost half of the people who have responded use Arban daily. I thought several days per week would be the higher number. I wonder if all 47% get the book out or if they play some from memory since they have played it so long?

EdMann
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wonderful thing I've discovered about the Arban book is how applicable it is to so many genres. My brother, an old Benge playing concert band guy looked at it as just a "classical" method. I don't see it as a pathway to classical music, or any specific style (well, good luck finding much on the blues...), but a technique book that can get you prepared for almost anything. Booker Little, Clifford Brown, Mic Gillette were all Arban Cowboys.

ed
Shofarblast

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Arban Applies to Many Styles Reply with quote

I agree with you completely. Arban provides the necessary fundamentals that all styles of music are built upon. Glad you shared your thoughts.

Shofarblast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: My Arban Adventure Reply with quote

Greetings fellow trumpet lovers.

Just wanted to let you all know I have taken up the challenge to work my way through Arban and blog about my experiences. Like many people, I used Arban some in college but I wasn't as disciplined back then and I didn't take advantage of the opportunity I had to reach my full potential. Come on over and check it out. Be sure to leave a comment.

Here is a site dedicated to My Arban Adventure -- arban.TimsTrumpetPlace.com

You can also get there from my blog http://www.TimsTrumpetPlace.com

Here are some of the posts:

My Arban Adventure Method and Plan - TimsTrumpetPlace

My Arban Adventure Week 1 - TimsTrumpetPlace

My Arban Adventure Week 2a - TimsTrumpetPlace

My Arban Adventure Week 2b - TimsTrumpetPlace

Happy trumpeting.

jiarby
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go back in 6 months and record pages 11-14 again, you will be amazed how much better they will be.
Shofarblast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Great Idea. Reply with quote

jiarby wrote:
go back in 6 months and record pages 11-14 again, you will be amazed how much better they will be.

That is a great idea, jiarby. Thanks, I will do that. I can already tell a big difference with endurace and tone. I know it will be a huge difference after 6 months.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: