• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Curry 600 series 90TF

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kofipoiss
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Curry 600 series 90TF Reply with quote

My Curry 600 series 90TF arrived just before Christmas and made me really happy

It is REALLY big, demanding lots of air to make the horn sing, but when I succeed in taking a really deep breath and letting the air go without pushing, I am pretty satisfied with my tone. When using the piece with my Zeff pocket trumpet, it gives a nice "cornety" sound.

One thing that is a kind of surprise is that I can go almost as high as with my main mouthpiece (Bach 1 1/4 C modified by Jason Harrelson), that is up to high C and sometimes up to high D. The pedal tones are easier to produce even if I still can't find the right pitch for some of them, but that's not important at this stage. The attacks don't suffer either. I am also impressed by the quality of the piece and, last but not least, Mouthpiece Express sent it very rapidly. So, overall, I am very happy!

I don't know, maybe I am cheating myself - the impression that bigger mouthpieces help me improve my tone and my playing in general can be a kind of lure... But right now, I have the feeling that my chops are made for huge mouthpieces

It is a pity that there is no possibility to try Flip Oakes products in my country. But I am pretty sure that the day when I get a flugel, I MUST get a chance to put a Flip Oakes extreme in it
Kofipoiss
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add another reflexion, mainly for myself - I have discovered that thinking loud sometimes really helps

With the Curry 90TF, I also ordered a 70M - because I had never tried any Curry mouthpieces I decided to get 2 different sizes. Well, the 70M seemed much too little for me. I could hardly poduce any sound with it. It's probably also because I am not used to play on shallower mouthpieces, but I think a bigger rim could also help. I sent the 70M back and if the Mouthpiece Express return policy works (well, that's the first time for me but I hope everything will be OK), I will try the 90M.

As for my 90TF, I really enjoy playing with it. Thank you, MC!!!
Mark Curry
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kofipoiss-

You're very welcome!

Let's hope the 90M will give you some great results. And add another trumpet color to your palette!

mc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: