• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

is my range good enough?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geezer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crzytptman wrote:
geezer wrote:
crzytptman wrote:
deep layers that require the intellectual exercise of one like geezer to tease out the kernel of truth . . .

Nate,
Are you capable of playing any music that people want to listen to?

I'm all Jive, baby!

You da man !!!!!!!!!!!

Pete Anderson
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: is my range good enough? Reply with quote

CCR wrote:
is my range good enough?

Yes.
area51recording
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: is my range good enough? Reply with quote

Pete Anderson wrote:
CCR wrote:
is my range good enough?

Yes.

no

I don't know

ask your mother
CCR

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I said pedal F# I mean the one below the bass cleff staff. and for high F and double G I mean above the high C (two lines above the treble staff) and I said its my comfortable range meaning I'm not squeezing them out. I'm playing them full and in tune. and I Range isn't the only thing I can also double and triple tongue and I'm just getting good a lip trilling. and yes I can play consistantly in the upper range all my marching music this coming year is above the treble staff. I even play a couple D's
royjohn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CCR,

TH is a little like AA [that's Alcoholics Anonymous], except that some of us are not serious about our recovery. You can wander into an AA meeting, or a thread here, and hear lots of stuff, only some of which may be applicable to your situation. The operative phrase is "take what you can use and leave the rest there."

Another thing I'd have to say is that it's a typical pattern in TH threads started by young players for older folks to lecture you, whether this makes any sense or not. It's called "assuming" and "jumping to conclusions" and it makes about as much sense here as it does elsewhere.

From what you're saying about your playing, you seem to be doing quite well, to me.

All of that said, I think there have been some interesting comments. I'm sure you've seen them.
Cornet: 1970's Yamaha YCR-233S . . . and others . . .
MiloTheGreat
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: is my range good enough? Reply with quote

CCR wrote:
I've been playing trumpet for about a year now and I was wondering what is a good range for a one year player? am I doing good or bad? and if not how can I improve my range? my comfortable range is from a pedal F# to a high E above the high C. some time I can get the F and G but not always

Is the low F# fat and round? Can you reach the high E without straining and going red in the face? Is your articulation correct? Why am I so tired today?what mouthpiece does XXXXXX play on? I read somewhere that wearing red underpants improves your range?

The question in the same question all trumpet players ask every year, month, practice session. Welcome, you'll fit in just fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: