• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Jamie Hovorka-John Tesh Big Band

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ws tpt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Jamie Hovorka-John Tesh Big Band Reply with quote

Recently, I went to see the John Tesh Big Band here in North Carolina. Why? Because John is one of the few artists/acts touring with live horns and real musicians. John puts on a very entertaining show and I decided that any touring act that brings real musicians gets my money

I recognized Jamie Hovorka, playing the lead book on this trip out. (If you have seen the DVD or John and his band on PBS, Willie Murillo played the lead book for the taping.) Jamie is a North Texas alum and played with MF and his BBN band a few years ago. Along with Jamie, Tony Guerro (sp?) played the solo book and there was a new guy playing split lead (sorry, but I don't recall his name). All of the guys were personable and took time after almost 2 hours of hard playing to come out and speak with me. If you get a chance, be sure to check John and the band out.

Jamie was playing a Best Brass Artemis trumpet and Callet Superchops mouthpiece.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: