• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bach 10 Bell

View previous topic :: View next topic  
supertrump

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Bach 10 Bell Reply with quote

Hi guys. Was wondering if anyone on here knew the characteristics of Bach's 10 bell? I've been all round the net but can't find anything on it. It's usually only found on old NY Bachs I think but hopefully someone here will have either played one or know something about that bell....thanks in advance!
rockford
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Bach 10 Bell Reply with quote

supertrump wrote:
Hi guys. Was wondering if anyone on here knew the characteristics of Bach's 10 bell? I've been all round the net but can't find anything on it. It's usually only found on old NY Bachs I think but hopefully someone here will have either played one or know something about that bell....thanks in advance!
there were not a whole lot of 10 bells made. The one I've seen in person seemed like it had a large flare similar to the 72 bell. Real thick around the logo area. The more popular 7-10 bell was a hybrid of elements of both the 7 and 10 bells. Sometime in 1935 it was later re-labeled as the 25 bell. The 25 bell and the 10 are visibly different but the 7 and 25 are difficult to tell apart visually.
Irving
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockford, Any information available on the 11 bell?
rockford
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irving wrote:
Rockford, Any information available on the 11 bell?
You have the Mercury with the 11 bell right? I'm just guessing that Bach made a handful of 11's and then moved on. That doesn't mean they were bad. It just means there was no reason to replace the other standard bells. You don't see many of the other numbers until you get to 37 and then
43. Those bells then dominated production and have ever since.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: