• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Selmer trumpet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ervani

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Selmer trumpet Reply with quote

I'm not a musician but I came her on the forum because I own an old Selmer trumpet and doesn't got any details about it. I think it was around 1975 my father buyed this trumpet during our holiday in Switserland. My father can't play any instrument but he liked the Selmer trumpet in an antique store.

My father died years ago and since then I own this trumpet and I'm thinking about to sell it but want more details.

Trumper, silver serial number 2799
Another number BB LF 20

Selmer
Grand Prix
Geneve 1927 Barcelone 1929
Liege 1930

4 place dancourt Paris

Will be nice when some one can give some information about this trumpet.
roynj
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be a Selmer B flat trumpet, the 20 indicates a medium bore (.456"). The serial number dates the horn to about 1940 (ref Lars Kirmsers).

Sight unseen, it's impossible to guess value. You can look on Ebay to see what examples of this horn are selling for just to get a rough idea. And the Ebay prices can be on the high end as well.

If you can take it into a local brass instrument shop they may be able to tell you something more about the horn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: