• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Halflip & r2: Contempora Flug stencil of Martin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scipioap
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Halflip & r2: Contempora Flug stencil of Martin Reply with quote

I wonder how this differs from the Emperor flug Martin stencil that Halflip owns:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Reynolds-Flugelhorn-w-soft-case-American-Made-/140892078592?pt=Brass_Instruments&hash=item20cdd28200

Also wonder how many of these Martin-style Contempora flugs RMC produced. Even rarer than the Emperor? Perhaps one-of-a-kind?

-Scip
CDFhorn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Halflip & r2: Contempora Flug stencil of Martin Reply with quote

scipioap wrote:
I wonder how this differs from the Emperor flug Martin stencil that Halflip owns:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Reynolds-Flugelhorn-w-soft-case-American-Made-/140892078592?pt=Brass_Instruments&hash=item20cdd28200

Also wonder how many of these Martin-style Contempora flugs RMC produced. Even rarer than the Emperor? Perhaps one-of-a-kind?

-Scip

I don't think many were made - that is the first time I have seen one of those Martin-style Reynolds flugelhorns, and I cannot find the above flugel model on the Contempora Corner site [it chronicles Reynolds horns from the company's start to finish].
Halflip
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing out that the horn on eBay is a Contempora as opposed to an Emperor, Scip. I took a fleeting glance at the auction previously, but I missed that.

It looks like this Contempora version has a bit more nickel tubing and different engraving than my Emperor, but otherwise it's identical (unless, of course, there are also some technical differences such as a different bore size, better valves, or ??).

I am a bit frustrated that the Contempora Corner site, excellent though it is, makes no mention of the Martin-wrap Reynolds flugels. Maybe I should get in touch with the site owner . . .
CDFhorn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halflip wrote:
Maybe I should get in touch with the site owner . . .

Good idea - it seems like there is a whole 'nother world of Reynolds horns that needs some light shed upon it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: