• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Film from the studio!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dani021

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Film from the studio! Reply with quote

Hey guys!
Filmed from the studio a year ago, when my group was recording a couple of my songs. Would be thrilled to hear your opinion about the playing and the composition!

You can listen here on youtube:

Link

There's three other clips on my channel as well, if you'd be interested..

Thanks for your time!

Last edited by dani021 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:41 am; edited 4 times in total
MikeyMike
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa... Cut WAAAAY back on the time you leave the film in the tank.

It that doesn't make sense... I see no content in the post above. Cannot cut, paste or highlight. But I can quote and reveal the hidden content of the original post but only in the "quoted version" prior to hitting the "Submit" button. Once I hit the submit, the "quote" goes away along with the rest of my comments...

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?
dani021

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now it's working!! Hahaa.. Have NO clue what happend there... thanks for trying atleast!
MikeyMike wrote:
Whoa... Cut WAAAAY back on the time you leave the film in the tank.

It that doesn't make sense... I see no content in the post above. Cannot cut, paste or highlight. But I can quote and reveal the hidden content of the original post but only in the "quoted version" prior to hitting the "Submit" button. Once I hit the submit, the "quote" goes away along with the rest of my comments...

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?
Blancolate
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic! Enjoyed it very much!
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the tune and the 3/4 feel your rhythm section has.

Your playing sounds very good all through the head . . . and for awhile into your solo. Then you started sounding like you were fighting the horn.

I "felt your pain" literally as that is how it's been for me, many, many times in the past. I hear what you're doing and I hear your horn getting in the way quite a bit. Fortunately I've been able to improve a lot in the area of endurance.

But I know that if your endurance was a lot better you'd sound a lot better and a lot more confident throughout the entire performance. I can just hear that your endurance is holding you back.

I look forward to following your extremely promising growth as a player. Keep us apprised!
lipshurt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I think you sound great

If endurance was an issue the only reason is that you were not leaving enough space between your phrases. That is a common problem for lots of good players, especially when the changes take some thought. Like your mind needs to be occupied with playing in order to digest the changes. Kind of like if play all of them, you always know where you are, kind of thing.

Your chops are fine though
www.youtube.com/lipshurt
dani021

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the response. Yeah, you can even tell by my look after the solo that I ain't that happy about the solo either. But we had to take a take, and the theme and the piano solo was better in this one.

But thanks all for the response. I'm gonna check out that endurance video as well. And try to be more cool next time i play on that one..
lipshurt wrote:
Hey I think you sound great

If endurance was an issue the only reason is that you were not leaving enough space between your phrases. That is a common problem for lots of good players, especially when the changes take some thought. Like your mind needs to be occupied with playing in order to digest the changes. Kind of like if play all of them, you always know where you are, kind of thing.

Your chops are fine though
MikeyMike
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dani021 wrote:
Now it's working!! Hahaa.. Have NO clue what happend there... thanks for trying atleast!

Yeah. That was weird even for the interwebs. Glad the link made it.
markp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be proud of a nice composition, a great feel by your band, a great trumpet sound and solo chops.

It looked as if this was an informal recording that was not intended to be a polished presentation. Who cares about a couple of little boo-boos near the end of your solo? Not me.

Best wishes,
Mark
dani021

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your kind words! Yeah, informal recording would be the correct description I guess.
Thanks again, really warms my heart!

markp wrote:
You should be proud of a nice composition, a great feel by your band, a great trumpet sound and solo chops.

It looked as if this was an informal recording that was not intended to be a polished presentation. Who cares about a couple of little boo-boos near the end of your solo? Not me.

Best wishes,
Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: