• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New Free online Improvisation Book

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Derek Siddon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: New Free online Improvisation Book Reply with quote

HI, My name is Derek Siddon, I developed a book and CD set for my students called "Time To Improvise take the First Step".
Time to Improvise - Take the First Step, is a learn to improvise Book and CD set that I developed to motivate and encourage my own students to improvise. The results have been so amazing that I have placed the book on the internet for FREE so Trumpet players everywhere can enjoy the book.
The book simplifies the concept of improvising so it is achievable to any student who is competent on their instrument.

The concept is simple - "One Scale - One Chord". The aim of this book is to help students "Take the leap" into improvisation without the added pressure of learning multiple chord progressions, interpreting key centres and practising scales in all 12 keys.

This book gives the student the confidence and ability to create melody from scales. In this case it is only one scale but the developed skills can be applied to any scale or chord.

The book consists of 17 graded Technical exercises, Swing and Funk rhythm workshops, 6 challenging Solos in swing and Funk styles, a structured melody creation /Improvisation course and is accompanied by a 48 backing tracks.

The book was written for highschool age students but its a fun blow for the more experienced players too.

Make sure you bookmark the site because the CD playalong tracks can only be played online.

Enjoy the book.

http://www.time-to-improvise.com/#
gbdeamer
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing. I'll check ot out tomorrow.
Derek Siddon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can now download the tracks from the playalong CD for the Time To Improvise Book through sound cloud. Follow the link on the CD recordings page of the web site. Anyone looking for a free trumpet improvisation book will be interested in this site. I hope the books helps some trumpet players.

www.time-to-improvise.com
LFRoberts5
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much Derek!!!
laurie
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Derek. Perhaps you should post this in the Jazz/commercial or Pedagogy forums. You may get more lookers there.
Look forward to playing with you again sometime soon.
Laurie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: