• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Touching base, 1930s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fleebat
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Touching base, 1930s Reply with quote

Hi, All. I posted the following in one of the 1930s threads after receiving a PM from Mike A. Sorry to be out of touch for so long:

It's been ages since I checked in on TH... A lot has transpired in the interim; mostly, I decided some time ago to jump on opportunities that came up as a bass player, and have been happily busy with that. I'm back to doing music full time, playing better stuff (mostly) than I've ever played in my life with good musicians, staying real busy at it, and making a decent living. The good news, I guess, is that I'm too busy playing music to be a trumpet player these days. Go figure.

A TH'er (thanks, Mike!) messaged me to say that he thought a number of people had found the 1930s thing helpful, and it really made me feel good. As I told him in my reply, that exercise and those principles FINALLY, after years and years, helped me "slay the dragon" that I'd been fighting with the horn since I was a kid. I'm not sure I could have moved on and felt good about it if that hadn't been the case.

Not sure when or if I'll have time or occasion to get into the horn again. I've done more bass playing than anything else in my life, and I kind of feel "home." It's funny... occasionally I'll get a call for a little session or a gig, and realize after a minute or so that they're calling me for trumpet. I have to pass them along to someone else! (But if you need a bass player... um...).

I've missed a lot of good wishes and happy news from people since I went missing, and I'm sorry for that. (Probably missed some pretty substantial flame-throwing, too!). I'll try to be better about keeping up. Thanks for the kind words, when they've come around. Rusty Russell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: