• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New Brass Quintet Commission Consortium - Kevin McKee

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kemckee80

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: New Brass Quintet Commission Consortium - Kevin McKee Reply with quote

Hi there,

I've started a commission consortium for a new brass quintet I am currently at work on. The working title is Galleons and Cutlasses and it will consist of 2 contrasting movements, Phantom Ship and Tempting Davy's Grip. (Yes, I like pirates ; )) The work will be similar in spirit to other things I've done (Escape, Vuelta del Fuego, etc).

For more information please check out the link below. Would love to have your help in getting this piece off the ground. Also, if you know of anyone who might be interested, please don't hesitate to pass the word along.

http://www.kevinmckeemusic.com/consortium

With Respect,

Kevin[/url]
kemckee80

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a follow-up on this post.

This consortium is happening and nearing the finish line! For any interested in helping commission this new work, the sign up will be open until July 8.

Here is a link to the consortium web page:
http://www.kevinmckeemusic.com/consortium

Take care,

Kevin
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had the pleasure of playing, and was reminded of the relative brilliance of, one of Kevin McKee's pieces, Escape. The most recent post I could find on the piece is this one from 2013 and thought I'd resurect the thread because this piece is total hoot. If you go Kevin's page and click on the Soundcloud link you can hear none other than Jens Lindemann and Ryan Anthony tearing it up. You're welcome.
http://www.kevinmckeemusic.com/escape

And I'm not sharing this because I know Kevin or have any stake in his sales, I'm just a really big fan.
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: