• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

K&M Peg Base Help!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaynorC91

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: K&M Peg Base Help! Reply with quote

Hey Everybody,

I recently made a not so informed decision and bought the K&M 4 peg base and 4 adapters for my horns to replace a hercules stand I'm trying to get rid of. I finally have every piece here, and low and behold, my pegs don't fit the adapters. I've done a bit more research and found that they make certain pegs that are meant only to fit the adapters. So my question is, do you all have a way to make the pegs that come with legs fit onto the adapters that I purchased? I'm not in a huge rush to get this figured out but I would like to do it fairly cheaply. Any ideas would be super helpful!

Thanks
Ed Kennedy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Threads Reply with quote

If the hole in the adaptors isn't too big, you can get a tap that matches the peg thread and re-tap the threads in the adaptor or conversely get a die that matches the hole threads and recut the peg screw threads.
zackh411
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

step one would be to call K&M and see if maybe they can do anything for you.

Lead Piece: Custom PickettBrass
Jazz Piece: Custom Curry TC
Legit Piece: Yamaha Shew Jazz (18 Drill)
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks to me that the peg portion of the adapter is the same size and thread as the older 3-leg individual instrument trumpet and flugel stands. When they went from 3 to 4 legs the threaded part got significantly larger. If this is what you're dealing with I doubt there's any easy way to convert.
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: