• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

It AIN'T Fair!!! (A Wild Thing Thread)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
INTJ
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: It AIN'T Fair!!! (A Wild Thing Thread) Reply with quote

I have had my WT for the last year. I love it, for all the things we have all repeatedly said a WT will do.

My trumpet teacher was a 30 yr West Coast pro who now is a band director in a local school district. He also directs the local jazz band and still does some pro playing in So cal in the summers.

He is a die hard Bach guy. His main horn for the last 40+ years has been an LB Bach 43/43. In the five years I have known him I have seen him try LOTS of different horns. Last year he got to try my Wild Thing. In fact, he tried it off and on several times over the last year.

On his 43/43, he sounded great and is an amazing jazz soloist and a solid lead player. However, I had the edge in tone on my WT. My sound was bigger, deeper, more sizzling, more mellow--the usual stuff for a WT.

Well, about a month ago he got his own Wild Thing. An older model, gold plated, in mint condition. Now he completely dominates in every aspect of trumpet playing..............which isn't really fair................ Oh well.............

He does like the blow of my newer WT a tiny bit better than his older one, but it is a very minimal difference and in another month that may not be the case.
Flip Oakes Flugel

Harrelson 5mm MP
Fuzzy Dunlop
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any mp3s or vids of you playing your WT?
INTJ
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No vids, but lots of recordings with my Zoom H2 that I have posted here on TH.
Flip Oakes Flugel

Harrelson 5mm MP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: