• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case you have not read the thread: Important Notice: Site Closing ... ? please go to the Forum Home page under Site Announcements: trumpetherald.com

Or, follow this link, to view the thread:
http://66.227.74.198/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=12340&forum=25&26

Hey, Reinhardt guys,

We'll need some help backing up forum pages/topics. I'll start at the end (which was the early posts) . . . anybody who can start from the beginning (the most recent posts)?

Rich
BeboppinFool

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did page 10 (one topic) and page 9, and it's quite time consuming. I have to go now . . . I hope others will help out with this very real need to archive all that's gone on here at the Reinhardt Forum this past year.

Rich
BeboppinFool

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I lied . . . being the great procrastinator that I am, I decided to do one more page. I just did page 8 of topics. I noticed it goes much faster now, for two reasons: 1) I'm getting good at it, and 2) I'm not reading any of the posts as I go.

But I could still use help. Anybody here today?

Rich

P.S. It is now 2:22 p.m. and I've finished page 5-10. This is getting tiring . . . I'm not resting as much as I work, a la Doc, but I'm getting it done.

I'm reading so much hilarious stuff while trying to just archive these posts. It would seem that many of the embouchure "authorities" from other forums left here with their tails between their legs. Not a single one of them is anywhere near close to a match for the great Dr. Donald S. Reinhardt.

One of them, I won't say who, had posted a bunch of stuff (his brilliant theories) and made a stink that I would probably delete them and prove him right . . . well, it turns out that he went back and removed them himself. I guess he couldn't bear the thought of having egg on his face for the rest of the trumpet community to see.

I love trumpet players. So many of them just can't get out of their own way, know what I mean?

[ This Message was edited by: BeboppinFool on 2003-09-09 13:21 ]
BeboppinFool

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all but page 1 & 2 archived. Looks like this wasn't as earth-shakingly urgent as we may have originally been led to believe, but I'm glad that I've taken the time to do this today. Add to that 2 hrs. of practice and two 2-hour rehearsals, and it's been a pretty good day.

What I'll do is offer a CD-R to anybody who sends me a blank CD and a self-addressed, prepaid CD mailer. On this will be Microsoft Word Files of all the posts on the Reinhardt Forum as they appeared today (I plan to finish this up later today).

One reason it took me so long is that it's so tempting to re-read what's been written. There's tons of valuable information in here, folks . . . thanks to Todd and the Trumpet Herald Forum, we've accumulated some great Reinhardt-inspired writings, remembrances, and anecdotes in the past year.

I'm proud to be associated with this endeavor.

Rich
BeboppinFool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is finished. I've printed out all the pages (the way we see a page of topics when we look at the Forum Index under Dr. Donald S. Reinhardt) and will attempt to get these on a CD in that order as it stands today, 9/10/2003.

Now, time to go reply to a couple posts that I never got back to . . .

Rich

NOTE: I am locking this topic . . . everything above this topic is new as of 9/10/03 and has yet to be archived. I will strive to do this archiving thing once per month. Feel free to join in and do it more often if you'd like. This topic is hereby locked and now serves as a marker for the most recent archive date.

[ This Message was edited by: BeboppinFool on 2003-09-11 12:51 ]
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: