• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Ideas on Creating a Demo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkDustin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Ideas on Creating a Demo Reply with quote

Happy Friday, everyone!

Our quintet is looking to create a demo, and we've never really done something like this before. Do you all have any suggestions for making a good quality demo without spending tons of money?

Michael Attaway
Founding Member, Providence Brass
www.providencebrass.com
www.facebook.com/providencebrass

Check out our latest blog post, "How to Be an Effective Student" - http://wp.me/p3Ghoh-5u
PhxHorn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can record some tunes with something as simple as a Zoom H2, and then edit in an application like Adobe Audition. There are similar freeware applications available, too. You can add some church echo or whatever, which makes it sound nice.

If I was using a Zoom H2, I'd set up in an arc and put the Zoom maybe 10 or 12 feet away, using the rear mics facing the players, since they have a wider pattern. Make sure your mic levels are not too high (record and listen to a loud passage so you don't waste the entire recording session), and you're good to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: