• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Official New Getzen Flugelhorn

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tritone
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been nine months since this thread started.

When do we get to light up the cigars???
bwoodard
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam:

Any update on the revised cases? Inquiring minds want to know!

2015 Harrelson Summit 4/10
2014 Getzen 4895 Flugelhorn
2014 Getzen 3850
2010 Callet Sima Bb
2010 Callet Sima C
73 Getzen Eterna Severinsen
48 Conn 80A Victor Cornet
Adam R. Getzen
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just got the fixed case model in yesterday. Looks great and is to be used as the model for their manufacturing. I will post (finally) the whole package as well as the MSRP in the very near future.
bwoodard
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Adam! I'm really looking forward to owning one of these new horns. I just purchased a lacquer 3850 cornet. I love it.

2014 Getzen 3850
2010 Callet Sima Bb
2010 Callet Sima C
Tuningbell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the cases USA made or Imported? If they are imported will the shipment be air freighted to Wisconsin to speed delivery to the dealers or are they coming Ocean Freight from the far east which could take about 4 more weeks to arrive in Wisconsin?
I am deciding when I should try to place my order.
gbdeamer
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam R. Getzen wrote:
We just got the fixed case model in yesterday. Looks great and is to be used as the model for their manufacturing. I will post (finally) the whole package as well as the MSRP in the very near future.

Be sure to include the special TH discount price for those of us who have been providing moral support on this thread!
1948 Holton Model 48
Tuningbell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must object to the Guerrilla marketing techniques employed by the Getzen company on this forum. Adam R. Getzen Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:43 am on an entirely different topic but has failed to respond to my inquiry regarding the cases on the new model flugelhorn. It appears to me that the NEW GETZEN FLUGELHORN thread is only to tease the market and not actually provide any real information on when the horn can actually be purchased. The abuse of trumpet herald in this manner is unfortunate. I cannot sell my horn in the forums but the Getzen Company can!! What a bunch of BS!
Adam R. Getzen
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuningbell wrote:
I must object to the Guerrilla marketing techniques employed by the Getzen company on this forum. Adam R. Getzen Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:43 am on an entirely different topic but has failed to respond to my inquiry regarding the cases on the new model flugelhorn. It appears to me that the NEW GETZEN FLUGELHORN thread is only to tease the market and not actually provide any real information on when the horn can actually be purchased. The abuse of trumpet herald in this manner is unfortunate. I cannot sell my horn in the forums but the Getzen Company can!! What a bunch of BS!

Just a couple of things:

1. I am honestly sorry I did not respond to your questions in a timely matter. I wanted to wait until we got the approved sample back so I actually had something to share.

2. I am not going to disclose certain information about our vendors.

3. You are correct that this thread was to "tease" the market. That is what marketing is. The issue with the case delayed the launch and dragged this out longer than I wanted.

4. Understand that no one is more upset about the delay of this horn more than me. I can't tell you where and when you can purchase it because while we do have several on order we have not shipped any.

5. I would hope that the moderators would let me know if I have abused the forums. To the best of my knowledge posting information about a horn is not equal to selling them. The Getzen Company does not sell direct to consumers and as of now has sold exactly zero horns in either the forum or the marketplace.
TrumpetMD
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're all, of course, entitled to our opinions. And the diversity of opinions on this forum is one of it's strengths. With that in mind, I think this has been a great thread, and I think Adam Getzen's contributions have been very positive.

Mike
Plus a few other Bach, Getzen, Olds, Carol, HN White, and Besson horns.
bwoodard
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response to an unfortunate post. I asked a question a while back that did not get answered. You had stated in an earlier post that you had orders for horns. From who? Are there dealers requesting them for customers? I was trying to get on a list at Dillon's and they are not keeping one. Not sure why. I would love to get on a list to get one but have no idea how to do that. I fear that I will have to wait several more months to get one because I didn't get on somebodies list. Any info you can provide would be appreciated. PM me if you don't want to discuss in a public forum.

2014 Getzen 3850
2010 Callet Sima Bb
2010 Callet Sima C
Adam R. Getzen
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't, at this time, say who has what on order. What I can tell you is that immediately after those orders are filled one horn will be sent to each of our domestic sales reps per region.

The reps will be taking these horns to stores in their region for demoing, taking orders etc. Keep in mind that we are not responsible for whether or not a store keeps a waiting list.
bwoodard
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough!

2014 Getzen 3850
2010 Callet Sima Bb
2010 Callet Sima C
Tuningbell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam

The country of origin on a case is not top secret. As a matter of fact, I just asked it was far east or domestically produced. That will be displayed on a Country of origin tag that is required on all imported products.

As for using the forums to market your product. I'll need to review the posting polices and give you my opinion. I know I cannot "Market" a posting in the marketplace from the forums for a private sale. Most policies here are poorly enforced by the site moderators.

I just want to know when we can realistically expect to purchase/demo your product at a dealer.

You failed to address my question regarding the ETA of cases and when product will be shipping to your dealer network. You also indicated you were to reply when you received the new case. My inquiry post was after your post saying the second case prototype was satisfactory. I am confused.

To show you that import information including your vendors is not top secret please see this link http://www.importgenius.com/suppliers/jangmi-music-co-ltd

I will rephrase my questions. Are the cases on the water? Are the cases made in America? Are the cases made by JANGMI MUSIC CO., LTD.? They produced a recent shipment of trombone cases that sailed from Seoul Korea and were due to arrive last month in Wisconsin at your facility.

If they are LCL or a full container (that affects transit time) Add a few weeks for rail to Wisconsin and peak season port congestion in Seattle.

Kanstul actually puts their USA case vendor in the FAQ section of their site. I'm not asking for the vendor just a ETA and port of departure if imported. But a quick internet search provided one of your vendors.

Please try to give a real answer this time. A horn purchase depends upon it.

Sincerely -
An informed buyer
cmg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an "informed buyer", Tuningbell, do you take pleasure in calling a manufacturer out on the carpet in a public forum? Apparently you enjoy digging into shipping manifests to "get the full story". You are probably the type of customer who is the first to complain publicly when everything is not up to your own person standards. I would suggest you take up your issues privately with the appropriate parties instead of embarrassing yourself publicly. This thread was created by Getzen to share information regarding their upcoming model, not somewhere for impatient people to vent their anger because they can't have their new, shiny "pretty" right now.

As Adam said, it will be available when everything is ready. Can't wait? Too bad, you're in the same boat as the rest of the world. Chill.

Chris
Tuningbell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris -

I NEED to purchase a Flugelhorn in the near future(due to a theft) and the new Getzen intrigues me. However I cannot wait 2-3 months as I have a recording session needing a flugel that will require me to meet a deadline. I can wait 4 weeks or so. I COULD buy an acceptable horn tomorrow at my local store or perhaps an exceptional horn in a few weeks if I could get some real details on when the horn will be shipping to dealers and not held up because of an accessory issue. I would have purchased another ax by now if this new horn was not promoted here..

It was irresponsible to create demand for a product that is not ready to launch or even provide a launch date.

Yes. I feel fine with calling out a manufacturer when they commit in my opinion a flagrant marketing foul and sidestep the issues created by their unwillingness to answer direct questions that would help a consumer plan a major purchase.

Getzen did not PM every user they choose to market a new model here in the forums. So yes. I feel they can defend their position also in the forums...

My dealings with Getzen as a manufacturer have always been perfect. This is not about their products or quality.

I am one to complain if I cannot get a reasonable response to my questions.

As for my complaining as a customer it depends on the customer service of my vendors post sale. I am the first to apologize if its "operator error" my mistake during technical support conversations with my IT suppliers.

cheers!
Adam R. Getzen
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuningbell,
Unfortunately I cannot tell you when the horns will ship. Since I do not know where you are I cannot say for certain if a local shop has one on order. Since you have recordings to get to within four weeks I would suggest you purchase another flugel. I'd love for you to try the 4895 but I don't expect you to hold up your ambitions on my account.
TrumpetMD
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuningbell wrote:
I NEED ....

This about sums up Tuningbell's entire psyche.

Mike
Plus a few other Bach, Getzen, Olds, Carol, HN White, and Besson horns.
ProAm
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuningbell wrote:
Most policies here are poorly enforced by the site moderators.

This is true. And the double-standard has been complained about many times before.

You might as well get used to it as it won't change. It is a privately-owned site and the owner can allow pretty much what he wants and blatant advertising by legitimate manufacturers and even business resellers is allowed in the forums.

Some, especially Getzen, use the opportunity to talk with their buying public explaining and discussing their ideas. I like that. Others use it simply as an advertising space. I don't like that.

I kind of think there ought to be a forum dedicated to postings from manufacturers and builders about their new and revamped products. Keep it all in one place so you can just avoid it if you don't like it. It has been a looooong time since any new categories were created.

I agree with your basic point but would really, really hate to see Getzen post less.
Dan O'Donnell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuningbell,

Go easy...

Adam and Getzen has been great contributors to both TH and our Trumpet industry.

Posts like yours only help to drive loss of sales therefore pushing great U.S.A. manufactures like Getzen to a place far far away who make far inferior horns.

I understand your frustration however, you need to understand circumstances in a manufacturing environment that are easily discussed but very difficult to manage let alone the ability to accurately project timing.

You seem to be a good person who is just trying to buy a good horn.

It seems like in this case; you will need to purchase that horn from someone who can commit to providing it in the timeline you have established.

Adam himself has provided you with genuine and honest advise stating that you will need to order a horn from one of their competitors in order to have it in time for your recording session.

How is this irresponsible marketing?...If they could possibly provide you with what you need in the timeline you dictate, they would...I call it a company with integrity who tells the truth even knowing they are going to lose a sale.

The quality of my Getzen Genesis and the service and support I have received from Getzen goes far beyond loyalty to their customers.

"Praise Him with the sound of the Trumpet:..."
Psalms 150:3
ProAm
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrumpetMD wrote:
Tuningbell wrote:
I NEED ....

This about sums up Tuningbell's entire psyche.

I thought his explanation made a lot of sense. He stated why he needs a new flugel and why he needs it now. It has seemed like a long time getting this to market but probably only because we have witnessed it from idea through development to manufacture to impending delivery.

We've had a lot of good insight into the process of bringing a horn to market but for those who want to get their hands on it, it is understandably frustrating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 16 of 20

Jump to: