• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Lost Another Important Member

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conn Collector
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yourbrass wrote:
I'll repeat what I quoted from the usage agreement for this site as to what NOT to post:

"Flames" any individual or entity (e.g., sends repeated messages related to another user and/or makes derogatory or offensive comments about another individual), or repeats prior posting of the same message under multiple threads or subjects."

Dude's violating the usage agreement, and personally attacking and defaming people, his privilege should be removed. Could it be possible that he has a personal connection to the moderator?

Then all the people who post hateful personal insults at Kirk day after day, year after year, should also be banned from TH because they have repeatedly violated the TH usage agreement.
They often bait Kirk by posting insults at Kirk in threads in which Kirk has not even posted.

Conn Collector

Morris playing "Conn 9a - Double C"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-nqb-BOftg&feature=youtu.be

“Jesus gives eternal life”
qcm
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've pretty much had it as well.

I try to avoid reading anything he writes, but I am sick, sick, SICK of the bashing he gives to reputable companies such as Getzen, Kanstul and others, as well as besmerching the character and reputation of folks like Trent Austin and Josh Landress.

His behavior, is simply unacceptable, and the torrent of verbal excrement that comes from his keyboard, I find extremely repulsive.

Something has to be done folks.

-Dave

Kanstuls, LA Benges and a Selmer picc.
VetPsychWars
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conn Collector wrote:
yourbrass wrote:
I'll repeat what I quoted from the usage agreement for this site as to what NOT to post:

"Flames" any individual or entity (e.g., sends repeated messages related to another user and/or makes derogatory or offensive comments about another individual), or repeats prior posting of the same message under multiple threads or subjects."

Dude's violating the usage agreement, and personally attacking and defaming people, his privilege should be removed. Could it be possible that he has a personal connection to the moderator?

Then all the people who post hateful personal insults at Kirk day after day, year after year, should also be banned from TH because they have repeatedly violated the TH usage agreement.
They often bait Kirk by posting insults at Kirk in threads in which Kirk has not even posted.

Conn Collector

There have been just as many "dude, what have you been smoking?" non-hateful posts.

Tom
GR65M, GR65 Cor #1
PH
Bill Adam/Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you who haven't been around long...

1. There is no "the moderator." The site owner is generally pretty hands off when it comes to issues of moderation.

2. TH is moderated by a fairly large team (probably 15-20) of members who donate their time. These folks live all over the world and represent diverse religious & political viewpoints as well as widely divergent opinions on all things relating to music & trumpet.

3. The site moderators and the people who moderate the individual dedicated forums are not the same group of people. The site moderators are anonymous.
Faculty Jamey Aebersold Jazz Workshops 1976-2019
JazzRetreats.com
JonathanM
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PH wrote:

1. There is no "the moderator." The site owner is generally pretty hands off when it comes to issues of moderation.

2. TH is moderated by a fairly large team (probably 15-20) of members who donate their time. These folks live all over the world and represent diverse religious & political viewpoints as well as widely divergent opinions on all things relating to music & trumpet.

3. The site moderators and the people who moderate the individual dedicated forums are not the same group of people. The site moderators are anonymous.

Very informative; thank you. I've wondered about this.

One question for the tech guys here. One recent troll has been quite active the last 24 hours or so. When banned, is the id of the web entry banned (prohibiting further posts under a new/different username from the same computer) or just the particular username of a member?
Puje: American Belle
Cornet: Olds Recording & Super
Moderators
TH Moderator Group

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonathanM wrote:
PH wrote:

One question for the tech guys here. One recent troll has been quite active the last 24 hours or so. When banned, is the id of the web entry banned (prohibiting further posts under a new username) or just the particular username of a member?

The user name and the ip (or multiple ips) from which they post are banned.
dmb
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aopdD9Cu-So

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWuX9zPJWyY
-----------------------------------------------
Olds
RandyTX
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PH wrote:

Yet, none, or at least not a majority of these anonymous benefactors think that running off some of the biggest names in the trumpet business from TH is an issue worth addressing?
PH
Bill Adam/Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received a pm that said he was banned tonight. We will see.
Faculty Jamey Aebersold Jazz Workshops 1976-2019
JazzRetreats.com
AndyLott
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by AndyLott on Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
yourbrass
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conn Collector wrote:
yourbrass wrote:

Conn Collector

Sorry man, the responses NEVER equal the content provided by this person. Calling people liars, impugning their personal integrity and business practices, and repeatedly, endlessly doing so, not cool, should be banished.
https://yourbrass.com/
cornet74
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonathanM wrote:
PH wrote:

One question for the tech guys here. One recent troll has been quite active the last 24 hours or so. When banned, is the id of the web entry banned (prohibiting further posts under a new/different username from the same computer) or just the particular username of a member?

I fit the description of the someone whose, "been…active the last 24 hours or so." And so have a lot of other ppl. While I voice opinions that are mine and sometimes coincide with other's opinions, I don't consider myself a "troll." But I do have a set feeling about things w/ trumpet/cornet/education et al.

To date, nobody has called me a "troll" (that I'm aware of anyways.)

Where is the line drawn between voicing an "opinion" and being a "troll?"

And who decides?

And what is the intent of those who posit an objection, such as we've seen in this thread?

I'll admit that the person "in question here" can be, well, opinionated. I am not familiar with the discourse which has started this thread, I will admit. Further, anyone, such as the person described ibid. who writes such long posts might be seen as questionable when the "average" post/response is considerably shorter. Considerably.

What is my point, exactly?

I'm not really sure, exactly.

But while this post might be seen by some as "troll-like" posting, it is not; or at least to me.

I'll say one thing: while I'm a new member, I observed (lurked) here since 2005. Some of my friends/collegues here know who I am in real life; most don't.

Again, I need to question myself as to why I made this post. Certainy not to defend the "person in question." I think it's a matter of free speech as long as someone doesn't get hurt.

If someone takes umbrage at another's post and decides to no longer post here, that's their business. But to blame it on another person raises a deep suspicion in me.

Sometimes abusable power is a dangerous thing, and especially within the context of an American mindset in a forum such as found here.

I'm always respectful of those people who post annynomously but claim to be average or below average players. I'm suspect of those whose names I do not know and post with "real" names. I'm sometimes suspicious of sides taken by members here when a so-called "name" person posts something and the "rest" follow or agree like sheep.

It's usually the latter people described above who call for the perverbial "off with their heads."

Really, if ppl just practiced a lot more and only posted to give informed answers or ask questions that beg an "informed" answer, things would not get to the point they have gotten here and now on this subject.

I have noticed a lot of frustrated people here who use this fourm to give rise to their musical lack in order to bolster an ego that does not deserve bolstering.

And its not just here--its all over the internet; in our universities; amounst the ranks of "professional" players and just about everywhere that the human condition intercedes, which is just about everywhere.

Why am I not practicing and writing this note? Because where I live its late; I've practiced far more than I should have today; and I'm trying to get sleepy so I can sleep well in order to face the awful truth of what is our lives: to preserver in the face of overwhelming odds against us as brass players in the society in which we live today (and yesterday and in the foreseeable future--no matter how "successful" we may be, have been, or will be.

'Night, all,
crt1974
Wick Wooden Tenor Horn Straight Mute
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cornet174,

You are not the troll.
ohiotpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:
Cornet174,

You are not the troll.

I'm betting this thread:

http://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=126708&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Has a new born Troll in it.
And it looks like they're nasty when they're this age..
Flattergrub
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PH wrote:
I received a pm that said he was banned tonight. We will see.

FINALLY - Xmas came a little early this year
dmb
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4mbbpnlujc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWuX9zPJWyY
-----------------------------------------------
Olds
paultune

A.N.A.Mendez wrote:
hose wrote:
I don't know we spend energy maligning Kirk. Or why anyone pays any attention to him or any other obvious trolls. That gives them entirely too much credibility. I stopped reading Kirk's posts years ago. It's easy to just scroll on to the next post. If we don't feed the trolls, they have no audience.

I haven't read his posts since his 2nd or 3rd one.... The issue is he butts into EVERY post whether he has anything to contribute or not... As soon as that happens I move on.... To the point I rarely come here anymore...

You didn't just "move on". Actually, it looks like you were run off of the forums by most of the frequent contributors because of your tasteless, inconsiderate comment about a respected trumpet player.

Last edited by paultune on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gordontrek
Veteran Member

Up until recently I thought that this Kirk fellow was just another member. I'd noticed he likes long posts, but I didn't think much of it. Whoaah, then I looked at some discussions from a couple years ago.
Well, looks like Reveille is going to be busy tonight.......

Bach 18043
Eastman ETR-830S
Bach 1
Flattergrub
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiotpt wrote:
LittleRusty wrote:
Cornet174,

You are not the troll.

I'm betting this thread:

http://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=126708&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Jesus - Just unreal. It's like whack-a-mole. Get rid of one jackass and another one pops up.
paultune

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flattergrub wrote:
ohiotpt wrote:
LittleRusty wrote:
Cornet174,

You are not the troll.

I'm betting this thread:

Jesus - Just unreal. It's like whack-a-mole. Get rid of one jackass and another one pops up.

Religion and profanity are not allowed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: