• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Lost Another Important Member

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavesTrumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Lost Another Important Member Reply with quote

I hope the mods read this.

Due to more defamatory remarks by TH member, Capt.Kirk, John Baumchen, we here at TH have lost yet another esteemed member, Josh Landress. Repair techs don't get any better than Josh. I've been in the business 27 years and I can assure you of this.

Thank you, moderators for your typical lackadaisical attitude. I can assure you, based on the large amount of undercurrent PMs going on right now, many members are about to follow suit. Not that I'm in the same league as Josh, but consider this my last post as well.

This place used to be enjoyable. I'm sure I'm not the only one, who when faced with which trumpet group to follow (TPIN, Trumpet Master, etc.), specifically chose Trumpet Herald because of its easy to follow format. The only group I follow, and now it's been allowed to be overrun by trolls and their pollyanna supporters.

I've been a member here going on eleven years. I'll still probably follow it occasionally, it's a routine of mine, habits are hard to break, but until things change I won't be posting. I'm sure no one will care anyway.

www.electrotheremin.com/bach.html
www.soundcloud.com/davestrumpet
www.facebook.com/DavesTrumpet
www.youtube.com/DavesTrumpet
sounds7
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee I thought someone died. Im glad Josh is ok and will be safe and sound away from this place.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ohiotpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly two members for one thread:

TrentAustin wrote:

Start making something and stop attacking me. Open up a shop... Until then you are nothing but a poor use of bandwith and a perfectly good reason for me to avoid the forums.

Goodnight and goodluck John.

trumpetguy27
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... definitely a shame... I heard this from Josh today as well as from two other very well respected men of the business due to similar issues from various members.
PH
Bill Adam/Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just curious. Can you post links to where this knucklehead is working his magic?
Faculty Jamey Aebersold Jazz Workshops 1976-2019
JazzRetreats.com
musicman0097
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just sad. I hate how this community has come to this. I hate to see perfectly great and highly, respected men leave this forum. It's sad to see people go and definitely not be the same. I stand behind them 100%. I can't seeing members bashing other members. Let's hope for a change around here!

Best!

"There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure"- Colin Powell
etc-etc
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once upon a time, I have tried to run a poll on TH to ban the esteemed Kirk - only to see the poll shut down by the moderators. It seems he has a diplomatic status.
PH
Bill Adam/Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem has been that the Moderators have traditionally only banned people who violate the usage agreement. Being an idiot and a blowhard is not against the current usage agreement. I agree that something has to change.
Faculty Jamey Aebersold Jazz Workshops 1976-2019
JazzRetreats.com
RandyTX
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought I'd feel this way, but it might be time to leave and head over to trumpet master instead. The moderators clearly have an agenda that makes no sense to the majority here.

The way he goes after particular people in the industry is as much of an obvious violation of the agreement as anything I've seen, and he has done it literally hundreds of times since I joined. Yet, somehow nothing ever gets done.

The mods will probably delete this thread too to hide it all from future searches.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to know the reasoning behind why the cap'n has diplomatic status. IMHO he has crossed the line numerous times.

Even an mod edit with a warning might cause him to read and edit his posts before submitting them. But if no action is taken it is tacit approval.

In thinking about this today I personally believe some of the posts cross into the legal category of libel. They are definitely defaming craftsmen's character and are written.

If I am right, and I may be wrong, it would seem that TH and it's moderators would want to do their best to avoid being caught up in a libel suit. But I am just your average citizen and not a lawyer.
david mickley
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been a member here and at TM for many years (have had to rejoin several times due to market place glitches). Have seen both sites lose really top notch people and pro players due to trolls. TH will survive but we all will suffer because we lost great people. Maybe if things change the ones that left will eventually come back.
assorted other horns
hose
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know we spend energy maligning Kirk. Or why anyone pays any attention to him or any other obvious trolls. That gives them entirely too much credibility. I stopped reading Kirk's posts years ago. It's easy to just scroll on to the next post. If we don't feed the trolls, they have no audience.

Picketts
Yamaha 6335RC
Yamaha 8335RS
Lawler Flugel
Kanstul cornet
CurtisCalderon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup and they delete a thread in which we talked about him and his destructive manner towards posts at times. It's no threat but after seeing that, I'm probably out soon as well. I try to add things to this site, like the horn reviews and helping younger guys with improvisation and whatever else I can help with. Why? Might as well go on trumpet master or some other forum in which they respect civility. Getzen gets bashed and he calls all makers liars. Bashes Bach, questions Trent and bashes him in a way as well. Not sure why it's ok for those to stay on but to delete any comments mentioning how negative he can be in threads. I don't want him banned, I just want good threads to stay informative without all the negativity he brings. It's one thing to have constructive criticism, but this is many times something else that he brings. It's unfortunate. I do hope that Adam, Trent and the likes go elsewhere if the mods don't care much for protecting their reputation on here.

Curtis
musicman0097
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hose wrote:
I don't know we spend energy maligning Kirk. Or why anyone pays any attention to him or any other obvious trolls. That gives them entirely too much credibility. I stopped reading Kirk's posts years ago. It's easy to just scroll on to the next post. If we don't feed the trolls, they have no audience.

+1
I don't like seeing great people leave because of other ignorant people. It bothers me. I wish people wouldn't leave, but I respect people's decisions. I think we should just do our best to ignore the posts. But I do understand that there is a line and it has been crossed before. So I get if people want to at least stand up for one another. But IMO, most of the time, ignorant people aren't worth our time. I wish the moderators would talk more action so the website members could feel better.

"There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure"- Colin Powell
VetPsychWars
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted in Reveille myself... and I am also considering leaving as well. Not that anyone will miss me. But at least Trumpet Master is free of He Who Shall Not Be Named.

Tom
GR65M, GR65 Cor #1
21trumpet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hose wrote:

I totally agree with the above. I have been a member for many years and I to had decided not to read posts by Kirk. I truly think that if everyone just ignores him and never quotes him this forum would be a better place. As for me I only post on stuff that I truly know about which is what we should all do.
Yamaha YCR2330 Cornet
Yamaha Custom Piccolo
Monette B4S S2 Mouthpiece
A.N.A.Mendez
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hose wrote:

I haven't read his posts since his 2nd or 3rd one.... The issue is he butts into EVERY post whether he has anything to contribute or not... As soon as that happens I move on.... To the point I rarely come here anymore...

☛ "No matter how cynical you get, it's never enough to keep up" Lily Tomlin☚
Bill Blackwell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21trumpet wrote:
hose wrote:

I totally agree with the above. I have been a member for many years and I to had decided not to read posts by Kirk. I truly think that if everyone just ignores him and never quotes him this forum would be a better place. As for me I only post on stuff that I truly know about which is what we should all do.

+1

Wild Thing Bb - Copper
Wild Thing Flugelhorn - Copper
Wild Thing Short-Model Cornet - Copper

The future ain't what it used to be. ...
- Yogi Berra
david mickley
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hose, I stopped reading his long laboriously boring posts a long time ago, just figured everyone did also. If he had been ignored we would still a lot of good people posting here (besides the good one still left). He is not the first troll andhe won't be the last.
assorted other horns
yourbrass
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll repeat what I quoted from the usage agreement for this site as to what NOT to post:

"Flames" any individual or entity (e.g., sends repeated messages related to another user and/or makes derogatory or offensive comments about another individual), or repeats prior posting of the same message under multiple threads or subjects."

Dude's violating the usage agreement, and personally attacking and defaming people, his privilege should be removed. Could it be possible that he has a personal connection to the moderator?
https://yourbrass.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: