• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Isn't enough enough?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wlindseypoole

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received an email today from John Baumchen, who, from what I've read here and on TM, is AKA Capt Kirk after placing an ad in the marketplace here

http://www.trumpetherald.com/marketplace.php?task=detail&id=61710&s=wanted-Connstellation-or-Victor

If anyone here thinks this ad is in any way how he referred to it, or if you think its offensive or uncouth in any way, please let me know and I with edit it. This is what I received from him...

This message has been sent to you by a TrumpetHerald.com user inquiring about your item listed on the TH Marketplace: "wanted-Connstellation or Victor"

Their message: Just buy one on ebay. Your passive aggressive a**hole message will not work here.

Name: John
Johnbaumchen@gmail.com

The 2 stars were not stars in the real email. If Kirk is banned, then he must be using a different name to be able to send this to me through TH.
'56 Connstellation 38B
'83 Conn SS3

Wish List
Connstellation 28A
Victor 6B
ohiotpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Ad looks reasonable.

2) ANYONE can reply to the marketplace, not just members.
There is no assurance that this is actually from John. I'm not even sure if the system assures that the e-mail address is valid.

Interesting this is the 2nd case recently where someone (apparently) posed as another member and sent nasty e-mails through the marketplace. The other one was PM'd to me because of the amazement of the recipient, who after a while smelled a rat.

My gut, and I hope I'm right, is it's an imposter trying to stir up trouble.

Now if you'd rather have a KANstulation (990) instead of a CONNstelation...we can talk... .
wlindseypoole

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiotpt wrote:
1) Ad looks reasonable.

2) ANYONE can reply to the marketplace, not just members.
There is no assurance that this is actually from John. I'm not even sure if the system assures that the e-mail address is valid.

Interesting this is the 2nd case recently where someone (apparently) posed as another member and sent nasty e-mails through the marketplace. The other one was PM'd to me because of the amazement of the recipient, who after a while smelled a rat.

My gut, and I hope I'm right, is it's an imposter trying to stir up trouble.

Now if you'd rather have a KANstulation (990) instead of a CONNstelation...we can talk... .

1)Thanks Ohio. I didnt think it was bad, but you know how easily some people take offense at the least little thing.

2)You may be right- it may or may not be him, because I believe you can type in any return email address you want. It has the right name, but who knows? I told him not to contact me again.

Now, about the Kanstullation..... Brother, I WISH!! but I'm sure you're asking a bit more than the $1k that I have allotted myself for my purchase. I've never played one of them, but have read a LOT of reviews that say they play very similar to the old Connstellations...only even a good bit better. The 990- thats the nickel plated with brass, right? And the 991 is silver plated with brass? I would love the 990!!! I see more of the 991's for sale than the 990's, but thats not saying a lot- neither is easy to find used. I did see a used 991 for $1875, but of course, since it's not in my price range, I didnt even dare to dream of getting it.....yet. That price range will be for well down the line for me. If I were to find one for a grand, I'd BEG the owner to hold it til Feb if I had to LOL If your's is avail for my budget, PM me and let me know
'56 Connstellation 38B
'83 Conn SS3

Wish List
Connstellation 28A
Victor 6B
supportlivejazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He IS a virus and his purpose in life is to infect that which he contacts. Last place he can access here is the Marketplace. I won't be listing anything there. I never pretended to believe he was anything but a fake with an agenda to stir up "----" and that's what he got away with for years. Don't be surprised if he continues to do it wherever and whenever he can. Some folks bought into his rambling tech posts.... I never could understand that. Anyway, as long as he can get under folks skin, he will. That's his life. Better him than me.

Question... did he contact you via the TH mesage service or did you post an email address? Might want to warn our moderators and the community that he still lurks and is on his mission to disrupt.

"I'm not apologizing, I am what I am. There'll be no compromising, I don't give a damn."
ohiotpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I don't think this is John...I think there's someone who is pretending to be other folks, who for some reason get's their jollies by sending rude messages like this through the marketplace.
supportlivejazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiotpt wrote:
But I don't think this is John...I think there's someone who is pretending to be other folks, who for some reason get's their jollies by sending rude messages like this through the marketplace.

I would still report it to the moderators.

"I'm not apologizing, I am what I am. There'll be no compromising, I don't give a damn."
RandyTX
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's far too short and to the point to be by the real one.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyTX wrote:

It is also missing the normal spelling errors. That said the cap'n was much more subtle in his attacks that that. I too think someone is trying get people riled up.
VetPsychWars
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:
RandyTX wrote:

It is also missing the normal spelling errors. That said the cap'n was much more subtle in his attacks that that. I too think someone is trying get people riled up.

I think it is the banned user formerly known as Scorpion. He sent me some pretty vicious PMs.

Tom
GR65M, GR65 Cor #1
wlindseypoole

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys are probably right. Since I've already told him (whichever one he is) not to contact me again, I'll leave it be for now. If he contacts me again, I'll drop a note to the Mods here. But for now, this comebacker will just kick back and relax and enjoy the holidays at home before I start college. That takes up most of my free time right now anyway- between the anticipation of finally stepping out to realize my dream, and the little bit of anxiety thrown in (after all, its been 30+ years since I've been in school) LOL. Thanks for easing my mind on the matter.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all

Will
'56 Connstellation 38B
'83 Conn SS3

Wish List
Connstellation 28A
Victor 6B
Flattergrub
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No - I'm Spartacus !
mrsemman
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flattergrub wrote:
No - I'm Spartacus !

You fool! I am the true Spartacus!! Everyone knows that Spartacus plays a "Wild Thing"! Did you not see the series?

Merry Christmas everyone.

Gary
Zeus Guarnerius Flugelhorn
Kanstul G Bugle
Jin Boa Bass Trumpet
Fuzzy Dunlop
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VetPsychWars wrote:
I think it is the banned user formerly known as Scorpion. He sent me some pretty vicious PMs.

Scorpion was banned? Why?

Either way, moderators should really put a "banned" subtitle under the names of banned users.
VetPsychWars
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:
VetPsychWars wrote:

Scorpion was banned? Why?

Either way, moderators should really put a "banned" subtitle under the names of banned users.

Sending nasty personal messages.

Tom
GR65M, GR65 Cor #1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: