• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Michael Sachs and the National Brass Virtuosi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcutrpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! That's the only word that comes to mind after hearing these guys play tonight. Three of the 5 were from Clevelend Orchestra, the other trumpet was principle in Milwaukee, and the tuba plays in the Houston Symphony. They were simply amazing. Hearing Sachs redefines everything that I have ever thought the trumpet should sound like. His control over the horn was incredible. Just hearing him play has changed my playing tremendously. I can't wait to start trying to sound like him. What a great player and he was a really terrific guy to talk to in the master class too! Class act.

matt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
NelleTrumpet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt,

I totally agree about Michael Sachs. Since I live near Cleveland, I go see the orchestra as much as I can and the guy is awesome. I went last weekend and saw them do Mahler Symphony no. 2 and he sounded great (as did the rest of the brass section, orchestra, choir, and soloists). I also agree on his being a personable guy. Last summer when I thought I was going to be home, I called the Cleveland Orchestra office and Mr. Sachs himself called me back to recommend a lesson teacher at Cleveland Institute of Music. It’s just a shame that I didn’t get to take lessons there because of an internship that I got. Maybe this summer…
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: