• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

miracle cure for removing spit water from flug - anyone got

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheiden wrote:
I don't find it terribly difficult to purge my horn before starting a tune. Every horn has its quirks but the water keys on my Yamaha seem to do the job just fine.

+1.

When I had my Yamaha 631 overhauled and gold plated, I added a trigger and a spit valve to the 3rd valve slide - great investment.
Riojazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I read here a long time ago was to jam a towel in the bell, then blow out the spit. This prevents blowing it past the opening, as mentioned above that otherwise happens when you blow too hard.

On my flugel, though, I had the Amado replaced by a Saturn water key. Much better. If I had it to do again, I would use a Pollard.
tvknight415
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes have that problem in my Jupiter with the amados. Simplest thing I've found to do that is to quickly slip a dish towel into the bell and drain the keys. Stops up just enough air to make out the spit valve the path of least resistance.

Probably do have a burr inside (it's from the era when Jupiter reportedly had some issues with that), but I've been too cheap and lazy to get them looked at.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: