• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Improv for the beginning jazz student

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robbo

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:33 am    Post subject: Improv for the beginning jazz student Reply with quote

Hi all.
I've written a book on jazz improv some of you might like to try.
It stays within a "safe" set of changes throughout the whole book, and has backing tracks of good live musos.
It employs a method that many of us use of taking a lick that we like, and learning if over other chords and "making it ours". For beginning players though, these are often too complicated, and you need a grounding on chords before they really make sense. So I work around the important 3rd and b7th, and give you lots of small licks to play over a basic set of chords. You will in the process gain a strong familiarity of these chord tones, and learn some building blocks of jazz lines - including some basic bebop lines.
I've done a short youtube clip to give you and idea and an "intro lesson".
Happy to discuss further on here.

https://youtu.be/_TDbJ5_7pj0

Check out my new site - piglet music.com too for good music, and some free trumpet music!

PS, if u visit pigletmusic.com and have troubles with password strength it is being rectifed, so please try again in a day or 2.

Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: