• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Questions about seller on marketplace

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
21trumpet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject: Questions about seller on marketplace Reply with quote

I noticed this guy "Matthew4885" has posted many items for sell on the marketplace but when I looked up if he had any posts in the Forum, which you need 5 to put items for sale in the marketplace, I see no post by this person. Is this a possible scam and if not why does this person have no posts. Can someone please check this out. I just want to make sure these items listed are not scams.
Yamaha YCR2330 Cornet
Yamaha Custom Piccolo
Monette B4S S2 Mouthpiece
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most likely reasons are the posts were against the UA and deleted after he/she/it had reached the five-post limit and gained access to Marketplace, or were part of threads that were later deleted or cleaned up. Either way I would be very cautious.
y-o-y
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean the user who spammed the Marketplace with 10 posts/ads yesterday, including this gem

Quote:

Hello, I am looking to purchase or trade for these following items: Torpedo Trumpet Case, Warburton Ape, Trumpet Stand, Copper Top Mute, Silver Polish, Hetman Oil, Leadpipe swab, Bobby Shew Mouthpiece, Marcinkiewicz Lead Mouthpiece, Taylor Mouthpieces, Kanstul Mouthpieces, ACB mouthpieces, Bach Mouthpieces, Parke Mouthpieces, Yamaha Xeno, Mouthpiece Cases/Pouches, and Reeves Mouthpieces. If you have any of these items and are looking to sell or trade them, please contact me at matthewsanchez50@yahoo.com. Thanks

I'll pass
ProAm
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did all his ads for July 17 get pulled? I don't see any of them.

But he once again made 5 posts that were all removed and yet his 14 marketplace ads posted yesterday remain.
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Forum Moderators have no power, control, or any other ability to do anything in the Marketplace. And in this day of robo-scammers and instant IP changes and masking/spoofing it would be hard to do anything anyway. Todd (sysadmin) does what he can but it's not like TH is a full-time paying job for him (or anyone else, nobody gets a dime and most of us have contributed our own time and/or money over the years to help out).
jaysonr
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy is back again as Matt4885. His old ads for the same stuff are still up from July, but if you click on them, they say "This ad can not be displayed.
The ad owner has been banned from the site."

The new ads are mostly for the same stuff. See the 5 posts in this forum to get to the 5 post limit.
jvand678
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While he's certainly not playing by the rules or contributing to the site in ways we'd prefer, I can vouch for him being a legitimate buyer. I sold him a mouthpiece today.
jaysonr
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jvand678 wrote:
While he's certainly not playing by the rules or contributing to the site in ways we'd prefer, I can vouch for him being a legitimate buyer. I sold him a mouthpiece today.

I also had communication with him the last time he was around -- he never did buy anything, but was most definitely knowledgeable about trumpets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: