• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Solti and CSO - Pictures at Exhibition Video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Chicago School
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seafood

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject: Solti and CSO - Pictures at Exhibition Video Reply with quote

https://amzn.com/B008FP980A

There was a version of this on YouTube until recently, but it was taken down due to copyright. Anyone know of any other copies of this around that aren't $700+?!? It was a really charming video with Solti playing parts on the piano and talking about the music. There was also some rehearsal footage as well.
cjl
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, just be patient and you'll find one. No one will pay $700 for that.

As an aside, I never understood Solti's thought that the opening to Pictures should be played with the piano in mind since it is a transcription of a piano piece. Seems to me like you would play what you think the music should be like and not limit yourself to what instrument it may have been written for.

Solti is famous and I am not so what do I know. Well, what I do know is that I rarely prefer Solti's interpretations.

-- Joe
Mee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Solti and CSO - Pictures at Exhibition Video Reply with quote

seafood wrote:
https://amzn.com/B008FP980A

There was a version of this on YouTube until recently, but it was taken down due to copyright. Anyone know of any other copies of this around that aren't $700+?!? It was a really charming video with Solti playing parts on the piano and talking about the music. There was also some rehearsal footage as well.

Here's one if you're still looking.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sir-Georg-Solti-1912-1997-Chicago-Symphony-Orchestra-3-DVD-Edition-LTD-NEW-/201651747240
seafood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it - thanks so much!
Mee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Chicago School All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: