• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Newbie Says Hello, Waiting for my Horn to be delivered

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tankie1rtr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Gear4Music Trumpets Reply with quote

Hi lou.
Not been on for a while with this and the other, well I still on the hunt for a horn, and still contemplating the Gear4Music horns, I am somewhat tossed between a New G4M Horn or a used Yamaha YTR 2335. so I am now stuck between the two, Hope you are well.
Regards
Lee
Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Gear4Music Trumpets Reply with quote

tankie1rtr wrote:
Hi lou.
Not been on for a while with this and the other, well I still on the hunt for a horn, and still contemplating the Gear4Music horns, I am somewhat tossed between a New G4M Horn or a used Yamaha YTR 2335. so I am now stuck between the two, Hope you are well.
Regards
Lee

Hi Lee

I am well, thanks, and hope that you are too.

Obviously I haven't played the particular used YTR-2335 you are considering, but as long as it is in good repair, it would be my choice of the two. I'd personally combine it with a Yamaha mouthpiece of your choice.

Best wishes

Lou
B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Bach Strad 183 - Bach 3CFL
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs
tankie1rtr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: gear4music Reply with quote

Hi Lou.
I haven't found a Yamaha YTR 2335 yet but that is what I have set my heart on, still teetering between that and the Gear4music Pro trumpet, but just waiting for a Yammie 2335 coming up, be it fleabay or private, but its got to be good condition, there are Yamaha 2320 out there and loads of early 1335 but the 2335 was the latest of the mid range trumpets and gets a good write up, was going to sell my Clarinet but that's got a forever place in my heart..lol
Regards
Lee
Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lee

The Yamaha YTR-2320's are good student trumpets. The only thing to bear in mind is that they are getting old now (I bought mine new in 1994), and may not have been as well maintained as a pro horn.

I started with a YTR-2320E (I think that the E just referred to being a model made for Europe). I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that the later Yamaha student models (maybe the current YTR-2330 rather than the YTR-2335) are made in China rather than Japan and aren't quite as good as they were, although still good instruments, or am I getting muddled up with older rather than newer versions of the YFL-211S flute, as I also play flute).

Edit:

I've found the post what I was looking for:

yourbrass wrote:

The YTR2320 was the workhorse student model they made until 1998. They are excellent trumpets, but because they are getting old, you have to be careful about condition. Some parts are discontinued, so repairs can be dicey if it's damaged.

The YTR2330 has been made in Yamaha's Chinese factory since 2012 - approach with caution.l

It is the post 2012 YTR-2330 which is made in China.

Whatever, as long as they are in good playable condition with no signs of red rot and good valve compression, any of the older Yamaha 2 series models should be fine.

I have had a quick look to see whether there are any used Yamaha trumpets selling by any of the big UK retailers and I've seen this one. I'm in rather a hurry so haven't taken the time to check the photo for evidence of condition:

http://myatt.co.uk/shop/product.php?productid=89145&cat=2128&page=2

The YTR-232 came before the YTR-2320 I believe, so is probably fairy old.

All the best

Lou
B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs

Last edited by Louise Finch on Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
tankie1rtr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Yamaha 2335 Reply with quote

Hi lou.
Thank you ever so much for taking your time to look on the web for me, that's very kind, Thank you. I have had a look and your correct it is an old one, I have decided that the model I want that members are really advising me to get is the Yamaha YTR 2335, so I am going to go for one of these when one comes up. in a previous post one of the lads mentioned 'Our Doublers' please forgive my ignorance but what is a 'Doubler'. Hope you have had a lovely night out.
Best wishes
Lee
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubler in this case refers to someone who doubles on Bb and flugel.
tankie1rtr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You Littlerusty.
Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Yamaha 2335 Reply with quote

tankie1rtr wrote:
Hi lou.
Thank you ever so much for taking your time to look on the web for me, that's very kind, Thank you.

Hi Lee

You are very welcome.

I have had a look and your correct it is an old one, I have decided that the model I want that members are really advising me to get is the Yamaha YTR 2335, so I am going to go for one of these when one comes up.

Fair enough. The YTR-2335 is a very good choice.

in a previous post one of the lads mentioned 'Our Doublers' please forgive my ignorance but what is a 'Doubler'.

I see that this has already been clarified. Doubler in my understanding simply means doubling on two instruments. I'm also a trumpet and cornet doubler as well as a trumpet and flugel doubler.

Hope you have had a lovely night out.

Thanks very much. I hope that you are having a lovely weekend.

Best wishes
Lee

Best wishes

Lou

B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs
tankie1rtr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Yamaha. Reply with quote

Hi Lou.
Well you wont believe whats just fallen into my lap, Mint condition only played about 4 times, with hard case and mouthpiece. a Yamaha 1335 but get this £80 and it was only 5 miles away from where I live, so at least I can rest from looking now, its not a 2335 but at the price I paid I couldn't let it go.
Regards
Lee
Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Yamaha. Reply with quote

tankie1rtr wrote:
Hi Lou.

Hi Lee

Well you wont believe whats just fallen into my lap, Mint condition only played about 4 times, with hard case and mouthpiece. a Yamaha 1335 but get this £80 and it was only 5 miles away from where I live, so at least I can rest from looking now, its not a 2335 but at the price I paid I couldn't let it go.

Great news. Thanks very much for letting me know and congratulations on your new trumpet. That really was a very good price. The 1335 is still a good trumpet. If my memory serves me correctly, it was a budget version of the 2335 without a tuning slide brace or tuneable first slide.

I've just looked it up, and it is how I remembered it:

http://trevorjonesltd.co.uk/Yamaha_Trumpets_1335_Trumpet.htm

Regards
Lee

Thanks again for sharing. I'm very pleased for you.

Take Care

Lou

B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: