• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Flugel video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Scodwell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Flugel video Reply with quote

I invite my friends to watch the newest video on my website that Rocky Lombardo and I did on the Scodwell USA flugelhorn. Pretty good info on why I do what I do and the underlying music of Rocky is totally cool.

Tony Scodwell
www.scodwellusa.com
markp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed the video and have a question about "champering" the valve ports, which you say causes less resistance and increases the response. Mr. Lombardo said that he picked his flugelhorn out of five that you had, but it only stood out after you had champered the valve ports.

Do you only do this process if someone requests it? Do some players prefer non-champered valves?
Tony Scodwell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Port chamfering Reply with quote

I chamfer the ports on all of my flugels. The Kanstul valves that I use are of the highest quality made originally when they were re-producing the Besson Brevette flugel as mentioned. Chamfering the ports only improves air flow and does tend to Open up the quality of sound. The five horns that Rocky first played on did not have the ports chamfered yet and the one he liked most was the horn he referred to.

I'm glad you enjoyed the video. I think it's an informative piece and Rocky's music is certainly a plus.

Tony Scodwell
www.scodwellusa.com
dstdenis
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this message about the video on your website. Very informative. Mr. Lombardo sounds great on the track--I see what you mean about "clarity, with warmth." Very nice instrument.
Piccolo Stomvi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: