• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Invalid Session

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry Smithee
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Invalid Session Reply with quote

Anyone ever try to submit a response to a thread and receive the following message?

Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.

Anyone know what this means and what this form is that needs submitting?
mafields627
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just click submit again.

No representation is made that the quality of this post is greater than the quality of that of any other poster. Oh, and get a teacher!
Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Invalid Session Reply with quote

Larry Smithee wrote:
Anyone ever try to submit a response to a thread and receive the following message?

Hi Larry

I get this when I've taken a long while to type my reply (usually in my case owing to one of my kids wanting me for something lol.) I take it as being effectively a time out message. I personally highlight my text and press Ctrl and C, so that I have a copy to paste if something goes wrong, before clicking submit again. It always seems to work ok.

I really hope that this will help.

Lou
B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Bach Strad 183 - Bach 3CFL
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs
iiipopes
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Invalid Session Reply with quote

Louise Finch wrote:
Larry Smithee wrote:

Hi Larry

I get this when I've taken a long while to type my reply (usually in my case owing to one of my kids wanting me for something lol.) I take it as being effectively a time out message. I personally highlight my text and press Ctrl and C, so that I have a copy to paste if something goes wrong, before clicking submit again. It always seems to work ok.

I really hope that this will help.

Lou

Likewise. If it is a long post, or if I want to check something before hitting "post," then first I drag the mouse to copy everything so I don't lose it if the error or timeout message gets me.
Eddie Jeffries

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Invalid Session Reply with quote

I have had that problem in other Web sites.

While I am composing my long post, the session times out.
Then when I press "submit" I lose everything that I spent all that time composing.

I have used 2 methods to get around the problem.

First, I will often compose the longer post in Microsoft Word and then open a post window in the Web site to paste the Word document into the post window.

Second, I will sometimes do a copy of shorter post (alt + C) before I click the submit button so that I have a back-up copy of what I composed.
That has worked every time, but I consider it more risky that typing in Word then transferrring. But with shorter posts, there is less at stake anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: