• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Evolution Of Thought?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kidtrumpet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Evolution Of Thought? Reply with quote

From the Encyclopedia 1973 copyright:

"During the mouthpiece placement the tip of the tongue should be resting very lightly against the lower teeth or the lower gums..."

From a Daily Practice Questionnaire 1987:

"Tongue Tip must "just touch" upper rugae (the bump before the roof of the mouth commences) during mouthpiece placement. This is a "must."

Is this an evolution in Doc's thinking or just a distinction without a difference? If it is an evolution I'd be interested in knowing of other ideas that have evolved.
razeontherock
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has gone un-answered for nearly a month, so I'll hazard not a guess, but a statement. I have used at least 3 distinct "tongue types," even though only one of those was associated with Reinhardt-style instruction. Taking lessons with Dave Sheetz and discovering / developing my own tongue type that works with what Mother Nature gave me was life-changing, to say the least! I would think that this particular detail you're inquiring about would have to vary, based on the individual.

I am also ready to stand corrected
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: